Can I use a GTX and Quadro in same system?

stevosam

Hi Everyone,

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti as my main GPU in my system, running 3 monitors, I would like to add a fourth monitor just for Spotify(Doesn't need the benefits and colour depth which the Quadro features).

For this purpose, I purchased a cheap, old Nvidia Quadro 400 512MB card to run the fourth monitor. Is there any way to set the card up as a fourth display alongside the GeForce? As I said, I don't need the enhanced features and benefits

of the Quadro, just a 1080p fourth monitor.

TIA

Sam.

if you have a haswell or newer CPU you can plug it into the display outputs on your motherboard and it should work (display out of motherboard outputs but be powered by your 1050ti)

maybe..

go ahead and try, you already have the hardware anyways.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, stevosam said:

Hi Everyone,

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti as my main GPU in my system, running 3 monitors, I would like to add a fourth monitor just for Spotify(Doesn't need the benefits and colour depth which the Quadro features).

For this purpose, I purchased a cheap, old Nvidia Quadro 400 512MB card to run the fourth monitor. Is there any way to set the card up as a fourth display alongside the GeForce? As I said, I don't need the enhanced features and benefits

of the Quadro, just a 1080p fourth monitor.

TIA

Sam.

I believe yes, I ran two graphics cards together, but not in SLI. You just need to plug it into your motherboard in the way you would use any PCIe Card, and it should work
note that the programs running on the fourth monitor will have performance respective to your Quadro, not your 1050ti

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

Thanks for all the replies, but i have tried the fourth monitor in both the mobo and 2nd gpu and still nothing on the 4th monitor. whenever i install the drivers and software for the quadro, it only shows on one screen, meaning i have to revert back to the old software, any suggestions?

Thanks again

1 minute ago, stevosam said:

Thanks for all the replies, but i have tried the fourth monitor in both the mobo and 2nd gpu and still nothing on the 4th monitor. whenever i install the drivers and software for the quadro, it only shows on one screen, meaning i have to revert back to the old software, any suggestions?

Thanks again

Sounds to me like faulty hardware is to blame. Try using the fourth port on your GeForce card?

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

1 minute ago, TrevMCC38 said:

Sounds to me like faulty hardware is to blame. Try using the fourth port on your GeForce card?

ok ill try this

Just tried this on the other port on the card and nothing is happening, i think its a driver issue :/

Possibly, but the last drivers for it are from 2016....

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/110264/en-us

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL