Options to stream in high quality

PedMar

Hi guys I need your help!

I am a very good FPS player who have played for the past 20 years PC games. I want to Stream but I cant :( and I built a very good PC that gives me 100fps at PUBG.

But I have two issues.

1st. Ever since I changed my HDD my FPS when recording drops to 20 (this never happened). Worth mentioning that I did not do a clean install of the new HDD, I mean I formated but I had copied the steam games and other files in order to save downloading time. So Pubg and other games were copy/pasted and configured on steam to be loaded. Worth mentioning as well that the old HDD was F:/ and the new one is D:/

2nd and mostly the most important issue. (upload speed is 2mb)

This is the most sad part for me, as for where I live we dont get another internet provider that has more upload speed, making my streaming in very bad quality. so I have the following questions.

- I have two internet at my house, both with 2mb upload, if I upload at 2mb the image can be good but I will be lagging terribly in game. so my question is, can I have two internet in the same computer and stream with one and play with the other? this video shows how bad it looks when I stream from my main pc/internet

- If not here is the second question. Can I have a low end PC connected to the second internet and stream through that one? I know a lot of streamers do have a streaming and gaming machine, so my question is what hardware do I need in order to fully stream at 2mb from that PC.

Thanks very much in advance!!

Sorta. Ideally its not a low end PC, as if streaming high quality only needed the low end, weak hardware it wouldn't make a difference to run it alongside your games with high end hardware. Like games, the more you spend the more quality headroom you will get, but its not going to be cheap for it to be worthwhile.

Computers r fun

You could connect multiple Ethernet connections to the same computer, and i'm sure there is a way to direct them to the separate software's. You will need some sort of hardware device to do it though. They make nice PCI-E networks cards all the way to cheap USB ones, which will probably find for the speeds you would be utilizing with games, which often don't even use half a megabit  up and down.

Computers r fun

you can't stream in high quality with 2mb upload end of story.....you need a minimum of 3.5mb for watchable 720p streaming.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

10 hours ago, super_skank said:

you can't stream in high quality with 2mb upload end of story.....you need a minimum of 3.5mb for watchable 720p streaming.

Alright, what about at 480. And what about the losing massively fps when doing it.

1 minute ago, PedMar said:

Alright, what about at 480. And what about the losing massively fps when doing it.

Your probably using the software encoder which will be hammering your CPU, try using shadow play or relive, don't try and stream at 60fps, stream at 30fps and keep the sharpness up, as you have too little bandwidth to play with to do 60fps and keep the image clear.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

14 hours ago, super_skank said:

Your probably using the software encoder which will be hammering your CPU, try using shadow play or relive, don't try and stream at 60fps, stream at 30fps and keep the sharpness up, as you have too little bandwidth to play with to do 60fps and keep the image clear.

Found the problem of my FPS loss, for some reason one 8gb ram module wasnt working, Re installed it and now I got 100+ FPS on pubg while recording at 1080p 60fps

38 minutes ago, PedMar said:

Found the problem of my FPS loss, for some reason one 8gb ram module wasnt working, Re installed it and now I got 100+ FPS on pubg while recording at 1080p 60fps

as you should, when recording with shadow play or relive there will only be a 1-5% drop in performance... only snag is you have to use quite a high byte rate to maintain quality, personally if i record i use 100mbps with relive and the use a program call hand break to optomise the video using a software encoder, i can usually get high quality videos at  12mbps ish.

1 hour ago, super_skank said:

as you should, when recording with shadow play or relive there will only be a 1-5% drop in performance... only snag is you have to use quite a high byte rate to maintain quality, personally if i record i use 100mbps with relive and the use a program call hand break to optomise the video using a software encoder, i can usually get high quality videos at  12mbps ish.

Im fine with OBS, any suggestion in settings for 480 stream then? Do I need to rescale or something?

4 hours ago, PedMar said:

Im fine with OBS, any suggestion in settings for 480 stream then? Do I need to rescale or something?

Yes, in setting go to video and set the resolution and frame rate you wish to broadcast in, in encoding set your bit rate to around 1500, and endcoer to Nvidia NVENC or AMD VCE, depending on what graphics card you have...you might want to lower the bitrate on the audio to increase video quality.

Unfortunately with 2mbit upload there isn't a lot you can do, even with my 12mbit upload i can't get great quality when i stream....I don't know of a way you can combine you two lines to get 4mbit. It may be worth a google search.

On 1/20/2018 at 11:20 PM, super_skank said:

That explains it. Thanks