Fire Hazard PSU?

EnergyEclipse

EBay UK can confuse me at times. For some reason, postage from America costs more than it does from China, even though China is further away than America to England. Now that is courtesy of a few factors, and is besides the point, as behold the fire safety hazard I found from Hong Kong on EBay UK: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400W-Fan-PC-CPU-ATX-Power-Supply-PCIE-SATA-Connector-Computer-Components-Parts/312032538117

What does it claim?

"Seven heavy protection: overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent, overload, short flow, lightning protection" I can't find out what short flow is, and its six, not seven?

"Support INTEL, AMDATI, Nvidia, VIA, SIS and other full range of chip motherboard." Hmm, yes, 'AMDATI'. 

They all seem maybe average expectations from a switching mode power supply unit, but what is this I see

"Unique insect resistant design." 

Yes,

they claim it has an 'insect resistant' design, and guess what? Its unique too! xD 

As of right now I cannot decipher what the characters on it say in presumably Chinese, but it would be very entertaining to find out both what that means xD

I think it would be good if more people were to point out the suspiciously cheap PSUs more often. I've had first hand experience with multiple PSU explosions or failures, and I don't wish for anyone else to have to experience them.  

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

cheap psus and those bundled with cases are ok for celeron/pentium or AM1 cpus that don't draw a lot of watts, sometimes you can't afford a $100 psu

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Lol that psu is so sketchy..

also

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Just now, aezakmi said:

cheap psus and those bundled with cases are ok for celeron/pentium or AM1 cpus that don't draw a lot of watts, sometimes you can't afford a $100 psu

Possibly, but it isn't always just its ability to power. I don't know a large amount about PSUs, but there are hundreds of articles on cheap PSUs just catching on fire whilst the system isn't consuming very much. You should always spend the extra £10 - £15 to ensure your families and your home's safety by even just getting something like a Corsair VS, which isn't by any means amazing, but I know will be thousands of times better than the unit I show guaranteed :D

Have a good day!

worse than vs

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Lol that psu is so sketchy..

also

Hide contents

s-l1600.jpg

I wasted time on this.png

1 minute ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Spoiler

I wasted time on this.png

Exactly lol

Well at least they did their best to trick non techies lol

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

6 minutes ago, JDE said:

worse than vs

But I guess if you buy this, you'll get the best bang for the buck I suppose xD 

On the PSU label there's a website

http://www.meiyingte.com/

which leads to this:

Spoiler

7PgI7TG.png

Apparently, the site wasn't even registered by the company

There's also a power distribution table on the label, which reads:

5V: 18A + 3.3V 12A = 129W total

12V: 13A = 156W total

-12V: 0.8A + 5VSB: 2A = 19W total

BUT:

129+156+19 = 304W

At least on the label it does read in Chinese: Maximum power: 400W. It doesnt say whether that's output or input, so let's say it has 76% efficiency under full load.

Also it seems to be confusing about the input voltage. The label on the side says '200V AC' while the label next to the power plug says '220V AC'. 

But you know what? None of that matters because it has RGB

s-l1600.jpg

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

7 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

which leads to this:

Reveal hidden contents

7PgI7TG.png

BUT:

129+156+19 = 304W

At least on the label it does read in Chinese: Maximum power: 400W. It doesnt say whether that's output or input, so let's say it has 76% efficiency under full load.

Also it seems to be confusing about the input voltage. The label on the side says '200V AC' while the label next to the power plug says '220V AC'. 

s-l1600.jpg

Well, this sums everything up about it. Thank you very much for educating me on this hilarious piece of rubbish xD The site not even being registered is the best thing + the fact that when you type 'meiyingte' into Google you get a Indiana Jones wikipedia article

1 hour ago, EnergyEclipse said:

EBay UK can confuse me at times. For some reason, postage from America costs more than it does from China, even though China is further away than America to England. Now that is courtesy of a few factors, and is besides the point, as behold the fire safety hazard I found from Hong Kong on EBay UK: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400W-Fan-PC-CPU-ATX-Power-Supply-PCIE-SATA-Connector-Computer-Components-Parts/312032538117

Yes, its utter garbage.

If you want RGB, there is only one series on the Market that makes sense:

https://geizhals.de/?cat=gehps&asd=on&asuch=Thermaltake RGB Gold

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Well, this sums everything up about it. Thank you very much for educating me on this hilarious piece of rubbish xD The site not even being registered is the best thing + the fact that when you type 'meiyingte' into Google you get a Indiana Jones wikipedia article

PSU 12V rail I would highly suggest to have about or more wattage than the continuous thing sooooo it's a scam

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

13 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Is the Project 7 not available anymore?

I trust Andyson as far as I throw them.

They send in PSU to 80plus where they downgrade the minor rails to 70W and sell the retail ones for 100W or 120W or so.

And then there is the Aerocool Story on Tomshardware.de in 2 Acts:

http://www.tomshardware.de/aerocool-strikex-st-gehause-feuer-brand,testberichte-241497.html

http://www.tomshardware.de/Andyson-Aerocool-Strike-X-800-Watt,testberichte-240900.html

They downgraded the Protection IC and lied about the RAils - PS232F in the Golden Samples and 8pin garbage in the Retail versions: PS113 and HY-510N...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

which leads to this:

Hide contents

7PgI7TG.png

BUT:

129+156+19 = 304W

s-l1600.jpg

Looks a lot like my electric stove when its hot enough lol

Not even sure if it has RGB since the other pic only has a black fan.

This psu should be awarded as the most sketchy psu of the year.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

12 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, its utter garbage.

If you want RGB, there is only one series on the Market that makes sense:

https://geizhals.de/?cat=gehps&asd=on&asuch=Thermaltake RGB Gold

Even if it were to have RGB, the actual LEDs themselves would probably have more value than most of the capacitors in that unit xD

Ah-ha, so I did a bit of further research to try and see who makes this PSU. Upon my search I found this image on a listing for the exact same PSU, and it looked like the same seller as the orignal but just a different name:

So from this we learn it has a blue Voltage sticker on the back of the unit when pictured on the box, and is by a company called 'LV-BA' and indeed the Chinese above says the same when put into Google Translate, though I cannot find the company itself on google, but possibly because I can't get the LV to go from English to Chinese, so if anyone could translate some of what is said on the box to English that would be really awesome to find.

In both listings it says it has PFC, which I know it doesn't as the input line just goes straight to a fuse so I am pretty sure it does not have PFC.

s-l1600.jpg