Blocked websites inside Content Advisor not being blocked. Administrator and user accounts still able to visit them. What is going wrong?

Zyre

Greetings,

I'm running into a issue that is regards to the Internet Explorer Content Advisor. For my project, which is due next Wednesday, I need to set up a Windows Server 2012 and a client Windows 8.1.

Everything so far is working perfectly, but the problem that I can't solve, even through I followed my book perfectly,  is that the Content Advisor isn't working properly.

The websites that I put into the Content Advisor are to be blocked.

When I visit those websites on my administrator account or the other user accounts, then I'm still able to visit the website. When I then go into Internet Options > Content Advisor and I input my administrator credentials, I am able to see the blocked websites that I have open.

Is someone able to help me out with this. I have to use IEAK/Content Advisor for the project. Two of my classmates have done it and their websites get blocked. The confusing comes from the fact that I did the same thing as they did.

Is the client PC on the domain? Also, how are you managing the Content Advisor? Are you doing it through group policy?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Is the client PC on the domain? Also, how are you managing the Content Advisor? Are you doing it through group policy?

Yes the client PC is on the domain. I enabled Content Advisor in the GPO which enabled me to get the Content Advisor option in IE11's Internet Options.

3 minutes ago, Zyre said:

Yes the client PC is on the domain. I enabled Content Advisor in the GPO which enabled me to get the Content Advisor option in IE11's Internet Options.

Alright. Can the client PC ping the DC and vise versa? ping the hostname and the domain

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I can't post a screenshot, but yes they do see each other.

4 minutes ago, Zyre said:

I can't post a screenshot, but yes they do see each other.

Alright. Did you link it to a computer account or user account, talking about the policy and is it enforced?

Do you mean with computer account .. Computer Configuration GPO?

About the policy itself. Yes it's enforced.