Used the best way to go now?

DrDerp

So for a while GPU prices have been skyrocketing (unless it’s a budget GPU). Is it safe too say that the price performance for almost any used GPU is going to be better than of a new one? Because prices are going to the point of double or triple their original price. What do you all think? Is used the only way to go for a decent Price to Performance?

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

It may well be for a while, unless you have an AM4 board and use of the new APU's perhaps.

27 minutes ago, iiNNeX said:

Pretty much, I got a Strix 1080ti OC for £580 and it was 2 months old, when retail was £745 at the time, not sure what they are at now.

I heard someone say around 800-900 USD. So about the same-ish.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Personally I'd be against buying used after ( if there will ever be an after ) mining craze, not for the " used " factor, but mostly for the principle.

"Oh you've snagged 10 1080s and now that theres no market on mining you wan't to sell your half used gpus? Enjoy your 10 sli rig you magnificent cunt."

I'd gladly wait half or even an entire year before buying a decently priced new gpu.

18 hours ago, fear92 said:

Personally I'd be against buying used after ( if there will ever be an after ) mining craze, not for the " used " factor, but mostly for the principle.

"Oh you've snagged 10 1080s and now that theres no market on mining you wan't to sell your half used gpus? Enjoy your 10 sli rig you magnificent cunt."

I'd gladly wait half or even an entire year before buying a decently priced new gpu.

I mean older gen used cards.

Even older Gen used cards are mined.

I know because i buy them all to mine with them untill next gen cards come.

@fear92 All next gen gpus are allready sold before they are announced, we miners contact directly the manufacturers and suppliers to get them first, we get them months before stores like newegg. After Volta 80 or 70 cards are released you wont see them in shops for several months, only after we miners have got enough of them you will see them in shops and then comes the miners who dont go to suppliers and manufacturers.

I have got allready big reservation on one of the manufacturers for next gen cards.

Once next gen cards come then maybe you can see miners sell their old cards, i know i will sell some of them away.

Best way for you to buy the cards is directly from manufacturers right now, example more expensive versions of EVGA GTX 1070 Ti's or GTX1080 like FTW2 or Ultra Silent cards, miners dont want the expensive versions at least i dont, i want the cheap cards that give faster ROI.

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

1 hour ago, SlowMixit said:

I have got allready big reservation on one of the manufacturers for next gen cards.

Wouldn't you mind sharing some info about this reservation? Do you have any dates?