Card for Watercooling+Overclocking

Hey guys,

I am planning to build my dream Rig. Watercooled with double GTX 1080Ti .

Is there anything i should watch out for while buying graphics cards? Any special manufacturer(that supports overclocking for example)?

Am i wrong or could i just buy the cheapest 1080ti because i am planning to remove the existing cooler anyway for a waterblock?

I wasn't too sure if this post  belongs here or in the water cooling section.Feel free to move/remove it if unfitting.

All 1080 Tis support overclocking. Just get whatever one has a waterblock available for it, and that has a decent VRM. The MSI Armor is usually among the cheapest, and has the Gaming X PCB. The Strix has some versions with a changed PCB, so some waterblocks may not be compatible.

:)

Pretty vague over all. 1080ti’s dont oc well. Whole 10 series actually. Either go cheap or strix. Result will be the same. Assuming you are doing this for looks or some king of overclock record. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

16 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Pretty vague over all. 1080ti’s dont oc well. Whole 10 series actually. Either go cheap or strix. Result will be the same. Assuming you are doing this for looks or some king of overclock record. 

Was more thinking about the looks tbh. What makes strix cards a better choice then other ones?

Armor is a good choice since it’s designed to take off the cooler (it’s a crap cooler for a 250w card, even my 1060 struggles sometimes). Perhaps it would be wise to wait for next gen and price drops with the insane prices right now

That's an F in the profile pic

1 minute ago, Decandence said:

Was more thinking about the looks tbh. What makes strix cards a better choice then other ones?

Being the top card you can get as a 1080ti, unless kingpin has his out. But if its for looks get the cheapest thing you can get, as they all look the same with a block on them.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Being the top card you can get as a 1080ti, unless kingpin has his out. But if its for looks get the cheapest thing you can get, as they all look the same with a block on them.

thanks for the explanation :)

5 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Armor is a good choice since it’s designed to take off the cooler (it’s a reach cooler for a 250w card, even my 1060 struggles sometimes). Perhaps it would be wise to wait for next gem and price drops with the insane prices right now

i heard the prices of gpu went so high cuz gaming companies in china buy a lot of them lately :?   some pirces are pretty insane tho yeah