Project Veritas undercover video: Twitter collects, keeps, reviews, shares all your DMs, private pictures, etc, with advertisers

13 hours ago, ATFink said:

That is the whole point of undercover Journalism. Am I missing something?

I would like to know an instance where they intentionally mislead people (either through skewing data, omitting data, not reporting certain things, over-reporting other things to inflate the apparent severity, etc.). The points where they mislead and the points they omit will help draw you a detailed picture of there end goal (if they are trying to skew public opinion moreso than provide inside statements).

Secretly recording conversation without both party's consent is illegal in California.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/01/activist-says-twitter-shadow-bans-conservatives-dont-believe-it/

O'Keefe's narrative is that Twitter silences Conservatives with shadow bans or the likes, in actuality with full context and ignoring O'keefe's commentary it's hard to substantiate that narrative from the recordings.

EDIT: Another https://www.npr.org/2011/03/14/134525412/Segments-Of-NPR-Gotcha-Video-Taken-Out-Of-Context

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

On 1/16/2018 at 4:28 AM, Delicieuxz said:

It's unequivocally not semantic. "Typical" is a word, and words have meanings, and by the meaning of the word 'typical, Veritas undercover publications typically yield solid confessions from the targeted organizations and people.

You made a comment "So I guess it's not the typical", in contradiction of the word 'typical''s meaning, I guess to cynically try to encourage the dismissal of the valid aspects of Veritas' publications. If anyone was trying to play with semantics, it was yourself, when you challenged the claim that Veritas' videos typically yield solid confessions - even if they're mixed in among a bunch of Veritas bluster, and edited-for-analysis portions of those full conversations.

semantics
sɪˈmantɪks/
noun

1. the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. The two main areas are logical semantics, concerned with matters such as sense and reference and presupposition and implication, and lexical semantics, concerned with the analysis of word meanings and relations between them.

:ph34r:

- snip-

Who sends nudes over Twitter? Or any unencrypted communication for that matter. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

20 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Secretly recording conversation without both party's consent is illegal in California.

1. It's a bullshit law that enables 'he said, she said' BS.

2. This has no bearing on the validity of the information.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

6 hours ago, Urishima said:

1. It's a bullshit law that enables 'he said, she said' BS.

2. This has no bearing on the validity of the information.

It technically doesn't but it opens them up to lawsuits or criminal charges, which doesn't affect the info but I've addressed that separately.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Surprised if Twitter goes through my DM's--they haven't banned me yet.  Banned somewhere near around 60 people I'd talk to but not me yet.