*CLOSED* Searching for a new pair of closed back headphones

*CLOSED*

AKG K271 MKII   |   Sony MDR 7506   |   Audio-Technica ATH-M50x   |   Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 Ohm)   |   Sennheiser HD 598 CS

the cans above are the ones I found best for the price, but maybe i´m wrong?

I am searching new headphones for a max. of around 150€ (i´m living in germany so prices are a bit higher ..)

I want to use them for my pc ( got a nice old AMP on my desk) and my phone (lg v20 so even the 250 ohm from the dt770 shouldn´t be a problem).

but i can´t really decide which exact one to get. I would like to have a pretty natural- flat sound that i can change with the help of an equalizer to the sound i like best.

I listen to almost every music genre, mostly metal/rock but dubstep, trap and all that stuff too sometimes. 

So yeah ^^ could you guys/girls recommend me a good pair for around 150 € max ? 

btw.  I currently have :   Superlux HD 681   |   Superlux HD 660   |   JBL T450BT

I would like to use them for listening to music ( while on my chair, my bed but also outside, in the bus/ school or sitting in a park, thats why they have to be closed. But also maybe for gaming although i heard open backed are better for gaming.

THANKS!

UPDATE 1: I found Sennheiser HD 598 Cs slightly used for 100€  ( even with some warranty left) should I just buy these for that money?!

UPDATE 2: I bought the Sennheiser HD 598Cs i talked about in Update 1

You might need to say the ratio of home/portable use you're expecting to do.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

55 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

You might need to say the ratio of home/portable use you're expecting to do.

edited my post, thanks for pointing that out!

I'd say Sennheiser HD 598 CS. But a good second are the Beyerdynamics.

For overall comfort the Senns are better. While the Beyer is perhaps less colored (although perhaps bit too many highs), tends to chafe and it somewhat ... big-looking on the head.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

If you're on the go most of the time, you can have a look at Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro or COP for short. They are similar with dt770 but with bass slider, from little bass to loads of bass by just sliding the "lever" underneath the headphone. Removable cable for convenience and compatible with vmoda boompro and also Beyer's boom mic, you should find this headphone great for your usage.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

3 hours ago, nicobombai said:

If you're on the go most of the time, you can have a look at Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro or COP for short. They are similar with dt770 but with bass slider, from little bass to loads of bass by just sliding the "lever" underneath the headphone. Removable cable for convenience and compatible with vmoda boompro and also Beyer's boom mic, you should find this headphone great for your usage.

I already got a auna mic 900 so i dont need a new mic with that headphones, sennheiser has a removable cable too and I think most of the time im not really on the go. I would ride the bus with these to school and back, maybe when I travel somewhere, stuf like that.

23 minutes ago, ST_SHADOWBLADES said:

I already got a auna mic 900 so i dont need a new mic with that headphones, sennheiser has a removable cable too and I think most of the time im not really on the go. I would ride the bus with these to school and back, maybe when I travel somewhere, stuf like that.

Hmmm ic..

May i ask, how much does this cost there? Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7

If its in your budget, given your preference, i think it will be a great choice (since you will be travelling most of the time, having a headphone with detachable cable will be a good deal for you)

If you can't swing for MSR7, Beyer COP or HD598CS is a good option too.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

6 hours ago, nicobombai said:

Hmmm ic..

May i ask, how much does this cost there? Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7

If its in your budget, given your preference, i think it will be a great choice (since you will be travelling most of the time, having a headphone with detachable cable will be a good deal for you)

If you can't swing for MSR7, Beyer COP or HD598CS is a good option too.

they cost around 165€ here so would be in budget but i dont really travel with them most of the time, it should just be a nice side use case for them, the sennheiser also have a detachable cable and even one with music controls on the cable to control loudness / stop´n play, which i think is a nice feature for when i am using then outside of my room.

6 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Go with the MSR7s or DT770s. Whatever you do just don’t get the M50Xs.

I got a pretty good deal for the sennheiser and tbh these were my fav out of all, together with the beyerdynamic´s but i think i want the sennheiser more, sadly I can´t soundtest any of these near my location.

IF you can get that Senn HD598 CS for 100, why not? Though I'm a fan of the Beyerdynamic house sound (nice tight bass with sparkly highs), but I know it's not for everyone. The Sennheiser HD598 CS is, overall, a more polite pair of can (NOT that it's polite per se) and should suit most. 

Shout out to a fellow LG phone user, I had the V20 (most excellent phone that can actually drive some harder to drive cans) but it was so good, it was stolen. Anyway, I have the G6 and I'm just as happy with it, plus 18:9 screen is just the shizznizzle when it comes to watching movies.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2