Ryzen 5 help

So ive been wanting to upgrade to ryzen 5 1600 or 1600x (probably X) but however my question is what motherboards support ryzen 5 without updating the bios, i was reading around seeing people couldnt post on motherboards with ryzen 5 without certin bios updates and the only way around was to install a ryzen 7 and update bios.

im not sure if this is still a issue or not, just making sure before buying my upgrades. thanks .

17 minutes ago, maddoggaming15 said:

what motherboards support ryzen 5 without updating the bios, i was reading around seeing people couldnt post on motherboards with ryzen 5 without certin bios updates and the only way around was to install a ryzen 7 and update bios.

Sounds like BS to me. If you are going to buy Ryzen, wait a bit for the 2nd Gen Ryzen chips. They should be better.
I am using Ryzen 5 1600 for few months now, and I had no problems like that. I am using ROG strix x370-f gaming 

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

2 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

Sounds like BS to me. If you are going to buy Ryzen, wait a bit for the 2nd Gen Ryzen chips. They should be better.
I am using Ryzen 5 1600 for few months now, and I had no problems like that. I am using ROG strix x370-f gaming 

Personally, I'd wait till the 2nd gen comes out, then wait for 1st gen prices to drop, then buy into 1st gen. IMO it's smarter.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Personally, I'd wait till the 2nd gen comes out, then wait for 1st gen prices to drop, then buy into 1st gen. IMO it's smarter.

I don`t think that the prices will drop much. 

GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any B350 or X370 will work with Ryzen 5. 

If budget is in your mind, go for the B350 as the advanteged of X370 aare generally not worth the money for most people. 

Also: I highly recommend you go for the 1600, not the X. It's basically the same chip (once overclocked) and omes with a decent cooler out of the box. The more expensive 1600x doesn't. 

Also: if you can/want you could wait or the 2nd gen Ryzens. 

5 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

I'm with this guy, built a R5 computer for my girlfriend and had no problems with UEFI updates. I'm also with the others saying wait for Ryzen+ unless you are looking specifically for the deals on Ryzen since the announcement of +

5 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

I don`t think that the prices will drop much. 

Paul has a video out from the press conference and yeah its a significant drop imo

2 minutes ago, IronToBind said:

Paul has a video out from the press conference and yeah its a significant drop imo

Gotta check this one. 
The only problem I had with my Ryzen, was that I used wireless keyboard, and the keyboard refused to work during windows instalation, so i had to use just my mouse. 

1 minute ago, m0nss7erKill said:

Gotta check this one. 
The only problem I had with my Ryzen, was that I used wireless keyboard, and the keyboard refused to work during windows instalation, so i had to use just my mouse. 

That is sometimes a problem with BIOS not activating USB ports but idk that I've heard problems with UEFI like that. Either way I think that's something with the motherboard and def happens to all platforms equally 

1 minute ago, IronToBind said:

That is sometimes a problem with BIOS not activating USB ports but idk that I've heard problems with UEFI like that. Either way I think that's something with the motherboard and def happens to all platforms equally 

The keyboard and my mouse worked perfectly in UEFI, and the keyboard refused to work in windows installation. My mouse doesen`t want to work from time to time, i i have to unplug it and plug it again