2 different brands of ram in same machine?

Cheesy
Go to solution Solved by Excon,

As long as they have similar specs you will be fine. I used to run mixed ram and it worked fine.

Hello right now i have 8gb of corsair vengeance, i have to more slots to fill and i saw this stuff http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148554

I want to get it, my question is can i have both corsair vengeance and crucial ballistix tracer in my computer at same time? btw my motherboard is a msi fm2-a85xa-g43, processor is a amd 750k.

can you send a link to the ram you already have? as long as they run at the same speed and stuff, i'm pretty sure it should be fine

Yes you can but you are more than likely going to have to change the timings and speed up. Also why in the world would you want to spend 120$ on a 8gb kit, you can get 16gb for that much.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Yes you can but you are more than likely going to have to change the timings and speed up. Also why in the world would you want to spend 120$ on a 8gb kit, you can get 16gb for that much.

the lights are so sexay

the lights are so sexay

With I had that kind of money to drop on lights you will never see.

Edit* actually while you are checking out you want to add some parts so I can finish my rig?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Also why in the world would you want to spend 120$ on a 8gb kit, you can get 16gb for that much.

Flashy lights

NO no do not do this... you are asking for trouble. Stick to the same type and make of RAM in your system.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

As long as they have similar specs you will be fine. I used to run mixed ram and it worked fine.

Yes it is possible, try to stick to the same modules though as if one RAM stick is slower than the other its gonna run at the slow speed and you will be losing performance