Custom-length reservoir

Does anyone know where I can buy a custom-length reservoir tube that will fit an EK-XRES combo?

I need something close to 150mm. EK only sells X3 tubes of 104 and 204mm.

The reason is I that I want to clamp the end of the tube to my case, and I need it to reach the mounting spot.

If I had a lathe I would just cut the 204mm and re-do the thread. But I don't, and I don't know anyone who has one.

1 hour ago, Chipicao said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a custom-length reservoir tube that will fit an EK-XRES combo?

The reason is I that I want to clamp the end of the tube to my case, and I need it to reach the mounting spot.

If I had a lathe I would just cut the 204mm and re-do the thread. But I don't, and I don't know anyone who has one.

Your best option would be to bring the orginal tube and end cap to a local plastics supplier most can do custom work like this and add the needed threads on the ends. 

Bitspower has these:

DDC top built in: Link (You will need a bitspower ddc cover/heatsink and an actual ddc pump)

Just Reservoir: Link (This should be compatible with the d5 one, make sure the combo takes a 60mm diameter reservoir, just ask ek if u can't find it)

D5 Compatibility: Link (You will need a bitspower d5 top, cover and an actual d5 pump)

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

On 1/14/2018 at 12:03 AM, Chipicao said:

If you were dead-set on using the EK res, your only option is really to outsource the job to a local plastics place. Primochill's CTR Phase II range allows you to adjust the length of your res much easier since it works on compression using orings, instead of threading into the end cap. So you can simply buy a tube and cut it to length, then re-insert it into the caps. They also have a pump combo.

Case Design | CAD | Custom Watercooling Parts | Loop Design | Cable Sleeving and Management 

Fittings Guide  |  Most recent completed build: Glass & Aluminium  |  Current build(s): Project Starscream