Kraken X62 Fan Placement

So just built my first PC, I mounted the radiator on top of my case which is the CoolerMaster H500P so has 2 200mm fans on front pulling air in.

I put the fans on the bottom of the radiator and then the radiator onto the case but I've seen some with the fans mounted between the radiator and the case, which is the correct way to do this?

From what I can tell, my placement is pulling air from inside the case, onto the radiator and then out the top of the case? I don't seem to be having any CPU thermal issues, idol I'm fluctuating between 25-30 and under load both running stress tests and games, highest I've seen it get to is about 56. Highest my GPU has got to is about 65.

i9 9900k | RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC | 32GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz DDR4 | Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

Will make no difference temp wise. Since you have it as an outtake, it would be easier to clean the rad if you had the fans between the case and rad. The way you set it up, you'll have to take the fans off from time to time to clean the dust build up on the rad. 

Just now, MkaiL said:

Will make no difference temps wise. Since you have it as an outtake, it would be easier to clean the rad if you have the fans between the case and rad. The way you set it up, you'll have to take the fans off from time to time to clean the dust build up on the rad. 

That's good to know. I'm fine with taking the fans off now and again, I'll be giving it a clean now and again anyway.

Thanks for the reassurance mate, super happy with my first build. Was really nervous but it really isn't that hard!

i9 9900k | RTX 3080 TUF Gaming OC | 32GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz DDR4 | Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

13 minutes ago, Azakius said:

So just built my first PC, I mounted the radiator on top of my case which is the CoolerMaster H500P so has 2 200mm fans on front pulling air in.

I put the fans on the bottom of the radiator and then the radiator onto the case but I've seen some with the fans mounted between the radiator and the case, which is the correct way to do this?

From what I can tell, my placement is pulling air from inside the case, onto the radiator and then out the top of the case? I don't seem to be having any CPU thermal issues, idol I'm fluctuating between 25-30 and under load both running stress tests and games, highest I've seen it get to is about 56. Highest my GPU has got to is about 65.

To be honest, it doesn't matter too much. What you are talking about is push vs pull, or pushing air through the rad vs pulling air through it. There is a practically indistinguishable difference(it's been tested so many times, and it always falls into margin of error).

7 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

To be honest, it doesn't matter too much. What you are talking about is push vs pull, or pushing air through the rad vs pulling air through it. There is a practically indistinguishable difference(it's been tested so many times, and it always falls into margin of error).

So really it's more personal preference with what looks better and I can't see the fans/rad anyway so, happy with where mine is!