Netgear D7000v2 VPN causes dropping internet connection

jacoporicci

Hello there, is my first official post here on the forum so be patient if I'm doing something wrong 9_9.

Here's the issue: I bought a Netgear D7000v2 modem + router for my home because of its VPN capabilities, the project is to have the computer at work be able to access one of my nas at home (set up as an ftp server) to do some stuff. The problem I've encountered is that whenever I enable the VPN service on the modem/router, all the devices directly connected to the router (whether wired and wireless) lose connection but the remote device connected through the VPN can access the local network and the internet.

The only workaround to this is to set google's dns manually on each device that's connecting to the router. I've even tried to force the router to use google's dns (setting them up in the internet setting in the router) but that doesn't work too. I've tried all kinds of stuff, Netgear even sent me a beta firmware to test that and I've had the problem on two different routers (I bought another one to make sure the first one wasn't broken).

I'm connecting to the VPN via a no-ip dns (which is also included in the D7000) and I'm sure that it's not that causing the problem because I've tried to switch the DynDNS service off while keeping the VPN service on and I still had the problem.

I'm stuck right now, is there someone out there that can figure out what's going on here?

Thank you, I hope to have a great time here.