Litecoin Mining Pool Invites: Spread The Hashes

With the recent hype surrounding Litecoin, a lot of new miners and a lot more hashing power has been added to the network.

While the enthusiasm is great, the distribution of Hashing power is not looking to good. It's important to prevent one pool from acquiring a large % of the network.

You can view estimates of each known pool and their respective amount of the network.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

A lot of new comers are joining up with WeMineLTC due to them being a large pool with a nice feature set. The amount which they are ahead of other pools is a bit concerning. Reaching over 30% of the network recently. if a bad actor were to launch an attack using that pool. There was a forum post regarding this same issue a week ago. I am bringing this up again as it continues to need attention. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/84312-psa-try-and-use-other-mining-pools-in-place-of-wwwwemineltccom-they-are-near-25-of-the-network-hash-rate/

To help divide the hashrate at least on this forum, I have a few dozen invites readily available for https://www.liteguardian.com/secure/ An Invite only pool. Liteguardian is a low fee 2% PPS pool great for part time and full time miners alike.

If you would like an invite, I will require an email address to send the invite to. Please send me a PM with an email. Don't expose your email in public forums unless you like to be target of spam bots hehe.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I've go another 10 invites I can hand out. Pm me as well. Let's really spread the hash around since no body wants an overly powerful wemineltc...even though it already is.

Mine-litecoin is another great option no invite required with only 1.5% fee if your on the newest version of ltc however they have been ddosed for about 3 weeks now so fair warning that they are up and down randomly and sometimes 6+ hours as admins are sleeping when they aren't maintaining the site.

I've got virtually unlimited invites ;)

The hashrate really isn't spread out, no pool should have more than 18% control of the network. This is already a large issue on the Bitcoin network, hopefully the Litecoin community can help keep everything distributed.

This thread is aimed more towards the comers who have blindly signed up with WeMineLTC because it appeared to be the "best" or most well known. If we can get them to switch from WeMineLTC and lower their overall network dominance it would make Litecoin much more secure.

Other pools I'd recommend, would be LTCRabbit, Litecoinpool.org, mine-litecoin. All of which are PPS, Pay Per Share pools. I recommend Pay Per Share pools as they are more friendly towards part time and beginner miners. By having a payout system where every share you submit you get paid for. There is no luck or waiting for the pool to solve a block. You get credit for as little or as much work as you do with no warm-up/cool-down times.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Good luck with your effort :P

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Well, WMLTC does not have 30% or more ATM :D

Should have more than 20% really else its just ridiculous. Man I really like mine-litecoin but the front end of the sit is down half the time. Stratum still works but I just can't see how much I've mined xD