K7xx Review

Daniel Z.

For anyone not wanting to read the entire review, they are awesome with the best parts being the powerful yet clean bass and articulate sound. They are also comfortable with good stock pads but I am not sure about the long term durability of the headband.

I purchased them expecting to be blown away. When I first tried them out with my S7, I was very disappointed. They sounded basically the same as my Clouds with perhaps less bass. Then I switched back to my Clouds to realize how it sounds like they added white noise. After breaking them in and switching between the two, I realized how amazing they really were. However, it was still debatable if it is worth the $200 dollar price tag considering the Clouds are $80 and have a decent mix with better stock earpads. While they are nice without proper amplification, my phone and motherboard simply didn't do it justice.

I tried it once with my Pioneer VSX-D7O3S and I was just blown away. Let's say headphones like the Clouds are 2d. The K7xx without proper amplification is like 2d with some extra polishing around the edges. The K7xx with good equipment is like adding another dimension. I felt like I could feel much more depth in the sound. The highs and mids were clearer and more brilliant while the bass was louder and cleaner. I instantly wanted to get a DAC/AMP so I could use my PC with my K7xx and have proper audio. I haven't got one yet, but I will soon. (Is the SMSL 793 good?)

I really recommend the K7xx but a DAC/amp is pretty much essential to making it sound good.

Just now, Deli said:

Jesus. You have more than two thousand posts. Still don't know where to post your stuffs????

what? isn't this the tech news and reviews section? :P

Just now, RollinLower said:

what? isn't this the tech news and reviews section? :P

Give me a break, will you. Or you can discuss this with forum admin.

4 minutes ago, Deli said:

Jesus. You have more than two thousand posts. Still don't know where to post your stuffs????

Member reviews belong to another sub-forum.

Oh. Can someone move it? And chill btw. 

Just now, RollinLower said:

whoa there, i was just playing around!

Have fun. :)