what if i dont update my ipad air 2 to new ios same with phone>?

WolfLoverPro

with this slowing down shit i dont want to update however i dont update my ipad anyway lol like whats the point? if its getting worse why

yes, no point if you don't want the new features unless it is a security update I guess

The slowdown patch was applied in 10.2.1. If you're running newer than that, you already have it. You can run CPU DasherX (or CPU Dasher64) to read your processor's current frequency and compare it to the listed stock frequency of the chips in your respective devices. I find that for me (my battery is only slightly degraded) my CPU runs at stock speeds until the battery reaches about 30% and then the CPU begins to throttle down. I'm actually not opposed to this approach as it will stretch out the life of the charge and give me a little more time to find my charger ;)

NOTE: If you receive a message that you need to be on a later version of iOS to download an app from the app store, IT IS possible to download the older version of the app that worked with your current system. You'll need a version of iTunes older than 12.7 (this is easiest on a second computer or virtual machine, as you need to completely uninstall the newer version to run an older one.) Once signed in with your Apple ID, navigate from the music tab down to the Apps tab. Search for the app you need and get it. Now, the app is associated with your Apple ID and you should be able to search for it on your iOS device and will now see the 'cloud download' icon, indicating you have downloaded it before. The app store will then serve your device the most recent version of the app that was designed for your version of iOS.

Alternatively, if you have one iOS device running the latest iOS, grab it on this device first, and then the older device will be able to download the older version similarly to the instructions above.

Hopefully this helped someone :)

2 hours ago, jeremywork said:

The slowdown patch was applied in 10.2.1. If you're running newer than that, you already have it. You can run CPU DasherX (or CPU Dasher64) to read your processor's current frequency and compare it to the listed stock frequency of the chips in your respective devices. I find that for me (my battery is only slightly degraded) my CPU runs at stock speeds until the battery reaches about 30% and then the CPU begins to throttle down. I'm actually not opposed to this approach as it will stretch out the life of the charge and give me a little more time to find my charger ;)

NOTE: If you receive a message that you need to be on a later version of iOS to download an app from the app store, IT IS possible to download the older version of the app that worked with your current system. You'll need a version of iTunes older than 12.7 (this is easiest on a second computer or virtual machine, as you need to completely uninstall the newer version to run an older one.) Once signed in with your Apple ID, navigate from the music tab down to the Apps tab. Search for the app you need and get it. Now, the app is associated with your Apple ID and you should be able to search for it on your iOS device and will now see the 'cloud download' icon, indicating you have downloaded it before. The app store will then serve your device the most recent version of the app that was designed for your version of iOS.

Alternatively, if you have one iOS device running the latest iOS, grab it on this device first, and then the older device will be able to download the older version similarly to the instructions above.

Hopefully this helped someone :)

Shit I’m on iOS 11.1 or something the first 11 

damn it 

I mean still I pay for the phone shouldn’t have to bloody have it deceased speed that’s not fair at all I pay for fuking what I pay >;[

42 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The slow down only affects phones with batteries of a certain age iirc. Anyway if you chose Apple it means you accept their decision to do whats best for you, no?

That's the unfortunate truth for their mobile devices. I appreciate that their desktops aren't software locked (yet), but when I encounter a pointless limitation on my iPhone, I'm glad to have a rooted Pixel in my other pocket ;)