having trouble overclocking both cpu and ram

so i have just built my first PC and as the title says i am having trouble overclocking. don't really know what most of it means and cannot find any decent guides out there for my motherboard.

my motherboard is a gigabyte ax370 gaming k5 and the CPU is a ryzen 7 1700

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit

It's your first pc and you have 0 knowledge on overclocking, then why are you trying to be stupid? 

You will gain 5-8% performance increase and your amount of knowledge can burn you pc to the ground.

Go educate yourself. 

12 minutes ago, biggiepk said:

It's your first pc and you have 0 knowledge on overclocking, then why are you trying to be stupid? 

You will gain 5-8% performance increase and your amount of knowledge can burn you pc to the ground.

Go educate yourself. 

the problem is not my amount of knowledge but rather that i am finding the gigabyte software difficult to use

• CPU - Ryzen 7 1700 Motherboard - Ax370 gaming k5 RAM - 2x 4gb ddr4 3000mhz T - force vulcan
  • GPU - Gtx 1070 ti founders edition Case - Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Storage - 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd PSU - Corsair hx750i Display - Acer xb271hu Cooling - Cryorig h5 universal Keyboard - Logitech mk270 Mouse - Logitech mk270
  • Operating System - Windows 10 home 64 bit