AMD Radeon settings asking for firewall access randomly

NEO_STARK

Okay, so this is really random. I booted up my machine and AMD Radeon settings app just asked for a firewall access which is weird cause it already had access to the Internet. I also checked that it was the legitimate app and not some malware trying to masquerade as the original app. But amidst the whole Meltdown and specter vulnerabilities, there is a bit of concern when apps behave weirdly... Should I be worried? what was the windows patch version that fixed these vulnerabilities?

AMD recently changed there drivers so it was probably asking for access for the new softwear. the fix for the chip vulnerabilities isnt due to be released till the 9th

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

7 hours ago, MrMarriarty said:

AMD recently changed there drivers so it was probably asking for access for the new softwear. the fix for the chip vulnerabilities isnt due to be released till the 9th

There is no FIX. It's a software patch, at best its like catching rain in a bag and expecting your whole yard not to get rained on. Intel has screwed us all, and they did it on purpose.