Any similar games to Yakuza on PC?

Cyberspirit

They look fun but, as far as I know, there are no PC releases.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Similar in what sense though? There are few Yakuza-themed games on PC. Closest thing you're going to get is Sleeping Dogs but it is 1. Set in Hong Kong instead of Japan, so Triad instead of Yakuza 2. You play the undercover cop, not the criminal, 3. Less things to do and massively inferior attention to detail.

If you're looking for games with a variety of activities to do, then it's basically GTA. Yakuza series is kind of like GTA but without proper physics (hence, the lack of vehicles) and with a completely different context.

I'm just going to suggest you to buy a PS4. They're remaking (remake as in using the latest engine) the first few games and they're being released on the PS4. I believe some time in the future, all 7 installments will become playable on the PS4. And trust me, they don't just 'look' fun. They're genuinely fun. Plus, PS4 is pretty cheap now, so why not?

3 hours ago, deoxir said:

Similar in what sense though? There are few Yakuza-themed games on PC. Closest thing you're going to get is Sleeping Dogs but it is 1. Set in Hong Kong instead of Japan, so Triad instead of Yakuza 2. You play the undercover cop, not the criminal, 3. Less things to do and massively inferior attention to detail.

If you're looking for games with a variety of activities to do, then it's basically GTA. Yakuza series is kind of like GTA but without proper physics (hence, the lack of vehicles) and with a completely different context.

I'm just going to suggest you to buy a PS4. They're remaking (remake as in using the latest engine) the first few games and they're being released on the PS4. I believe some time in the future, all 7 installments will become playable on the PS4. And trust me, they don't just 'look' fun. They're genuinely fun. Plus, PS4 is pretty cheap now, so why not?

I watched some videos of Yakuza Kiwami and, I liked that it had a serious story but, at the same time it had a lot of funny moments in it.

Overall seems like a fun game to play and, the combat seems pretty great too.

The fact that you can use signs, bicycles or even a motorcycle to beat your enemies is pretty sweet too.

Try Mafia, or Grand Theft Auto. 

Watch Dogs may be another similar game though I'm no expert. I think Mafia 2 may be the golden feel like game though. 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Try Mafia, or Grand Theft Auto. 

Watch Dogs may be another similar game though I'm no expert. I think Mafia 2 may be the golden feel like game though. 

Haven't played the Mafia games yet but, I played most GTA games.

GTA games are fun but, the Yakuza games (at least the one I saw so far) have that Japanese charm where things go from very serious to absolute silliness. 

7 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Haven't played the Mafia games yet but, I played most GTA games.

GTA games are fun but, the Yakuza games (at least the one I saw so far) have that Japanese charm where things go from very serious to absolute silliness. 

Ahh, Maybe saints row may be more up your alley then. They fell off of popularity so they tend to go for low prices. 

• 7 months later...
On 6.1.2018 at 11:53 PM, Cyberspirit said:

They look fun but, as far as I know, there are no PC releases.

There is now!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/638970/Yakuza_0/

And Yakuza Kiwami is at least announced:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/834530/Yakuza_Kiwami/

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"