Ryzen 3 1200 stuck at 1.5 Ghz.

I recently tried overclocking my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU to 3.8 Ghz. After I saved and went to my desktop, CPU-Z was showing 1.5 Ghz. I tried resetting the BIOS and going back to normal clock speeds but nothing seemed to work. I've seen other people with this problem. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

Go to Power Options, then change the option to High Performance. Check to see if that makes a difference. 

Honestly, it's probably an issue with the BIOS--have you tried to "factory reset" the BIOS? I believe there should be an option to return all of the settings back to normal. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Is the clock speed still at 1.5ghz when you stress the system?

If you're just referring to idle clocks, that's probably due to a setting called Cool N' Quiet. It's a power saving feature ramps down the clock speed during low load and shouldn't have any impact on performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.