850W cheaper than 750W? (Same model)

Bush Badger

Outta curiosity, why would a 850W PSU be cheaper than a 750W when they are the same model? Also how is this PSU, I personally wont buy it but is it trustworthy or recommendable? 

ttpsu.png

Supply can affect prices. If there's only a few left in stock the price goes up and so the 850 which has more in stock, is at its standard price which now is lower. 

It's stupid, but it happens a lot with pc hardware on Amazon

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

They aren't literally garbage but they aren't great either.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

21 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

What does the page for the 850W look like? Is it on sale?

here it is and no its the normal Amazon Prime price

image.png.2849e704fa74328620139c6a3de73659.png

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

They aren't literally garbage but they aren't great either.

Actually the Toughpower Grand is pretty darn good.

1 hour ago, Mr Magic Man said:

Outta curiosity, why would a 850W PSU be cheaper than a 750W when they are the same model? Also how is this PSU, I personally wont buy it but is it trustworthy or recommendable? 

Supply and demand. There's a reason, it's negligible, the 850W unit is a better deal for the next day or two at most, in all likelihood.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Good ol' Amazon.

There's not much human thought behind pricing a lot of times.  If someone submitted a price match for the 850W, but not the 750W, they'll lower the price of one, but not the other.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Good ol' Amazon.

There's not much human thought behind pricing a lot of times.  If someone submitted a price match for the 850W, but not the 750W, they'll lower the price of one, but not the other.

I would argue the same thing when it comes to supply and demand. 
Individually people are smart, but as a group people act quite dumb (or possibility in this case a computer algorithm ) ; hence the price discrepancy we see here.

2 minutes ago, Dark Sakul said:

Individually people are smart, 

Absolutely not.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Absolutely not.

Now you are just cherry picking and taking the statement out of context. 

5 minutes ago, Dark Sakul said:

Now you are just cherry picking and taking the statement out of context. 

That's not cherry picking anything. Me pulling that snippet out doesn't change the context of it at all. Both in and out of context it implies that individuals aren't idiots. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That's not cherry picking anything. Me pulling that snippet out doesn't change the context of it at all. Both in and out of context it implies that individuals aren't idiots. 

It's also a quote from Men in Black 
https://youtu.be/kkCwFkOZoOY

Take it as you will. 

4 hours ago, Dark Sakul said:

I would argue the same thing when it comes to supply and demand. 
Individually people are smart, but as a group people act quite dumb (or possibility in this case a computer algorithm ) ; hence the price discrepancy we see here.

IF people were smart, I'd not read such nonsense like 'if a PSU is fully loaded, the fan will go crazy' or that the larger one will be more silent because it is not loaded as much.

Laws of Thermodynamics annyone?!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"