What GPU?

DaRedBoi

What GPU?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of the Century

• Hybrid(530)
    • FTW2(500)
    • SC-Black(490)

This may seem dumb, but I am in despair. There are three GTX 1070 ti's from EVGA that I want. The first is the GTX 1070 ti SC Black Edition. I love this card because of its matte black build with white LED's, which would be nice for my stormtrooper build. No modding needed. It should realistically be able to perform like a 1080 lite. It is $490 from PCPartPicker. The second would be the GTX 1070 ti FTW2. It features icx, which I really, really want for OC'ing. The only problem are those silver pieces on the side. I was thinking that I could take them off with a screwdriver, then use some sort of plasti-dip for warranty and possible heat conditions. With this, I should be able to match or possibly exceed 1080 FE at extreme conditions. It costs $500 The last option was the GTX 1070 ti hybrid from EVGA. It should be able to match up to custom dual fan options from competitors in the GTX 1080 market. It costs $530. Please Please Please Please DON'T RECOMMEND A GTX 1080.

(Sorry for my horrible photo editing skills)

51CCOwr6wGL.jpg

The SC Black, it's cheaper than the rest.

EDIT: And as you mentioned, it matches the rest of your build

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The SC Black, it's cheaper than the rest.

I understand, but why not pay an extra $10 to get icx AND a backplate?

Just now, DaRedBoi said:

I understand, but why not pay an extra $10 to get icx AND a backplate?

The SC Black matches the rest of your build with no additional cost or effort. Unless of course you want to paint the ICX.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, TrigrH said:

All 1070tis have to be overclocked to be worth it, the hybrid card is worth the small increase in cost as you get faster than 1080 performance. (Due to clock stability)

Thank you!!!! You are the first person to say that in all my threads I posted on other websites.