Makergear Mosaic

Has anyone heard of or tries the Makergear Mosaic 3D printer kit? there doesn't seem to be much online and no-one has got any info. There is a pretty detailed instruction guide here https://makezine.com/projects/the-makergear-mosaic-3d-printer-part-i-the-frame/ which is pretty detailed but it hasn't got any proper specs or anything. I'm pretty sure its meant as a kit as I found a site with the 2 kits priced under its name but the frame is cnced plywood, I've been searching for some code or a model without much luck. Also the parts listed in the project are kinda vague and the Makergear website has no information of the mosaic whatsoever (unless I'm bad at seeing). Seems like a pretty cool project so thought I'd build one myself but it seems pretty old and not very well documented.  :)

1 hour ago, 2_minute_n00dle5 said:

Has anyone heard of or tries the Makergear Mosaic 3D printer kit? there doesn't seem to be much online and no-one has got any info. There is a pretty detailed instruction guide here https://makezine.com/projects/the-makergear-mosaic-3d-printer-part-i-the-frame/ which is pretty detailed but it hasn't got any proper specs or anything. I'm pretty sure its meant as a kit as I found a site with the 2 kits priced under its name but the frame is cnced plywood, I've been searching for some code or a model without much luck. Also the parts listed in the project are kinda vague and the Makergear website has no information of the mosaic whatsoever (unless I'm bad at seeing). Seems like a pretty cool project so thought I'd build one myself but it seems pretty old and not very well documented.  :)

You should try the Prusa printers, they have a VERY good reputation.

21 hours ago, lolimpol said:

You should try the Prusa printers, they have a VERY good reputation.

It's not that I want a great 3d printer, just wanted one that looked cool and I could spend some time with a chilled beverage one evening and play around with. Have you got any suggestion for a printer cooler than cnced plywood? 

On 1/3/2018 at 10:52 AM, 2_minute_n00dle5 said:

It's not that I want a great 3d printer, just wanted one that looked cool and I could spend some time with a chilled beverage one evening and play around with. Have you got any suggestion for a printer cooler than cnced plywood? 

cetus 3d? diy? Delta printers?