Im So Lost - Need Help

Hey People of the PC Community...

I've finally accumulated the right amount of money to buy a PC

Now comes the time to decide if I go team Intel or team AMD

Here are the 2 Potential Builds:

AMD - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPWdNN

Intel - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CR8kkT

I would like my build to be able to run Games at 1080p on very high settings at 60FPS+, and to have decent render times for projects that involve

Premiere Pro, After Effects and a bit of 3d Modelling and Animation

Please leave any suggestions to how to improve the builds while keeping them as below $800 as possible. Mention any issues I might run into, but ultimately tell me which build is more Worth it.

Also, I have taken into account that the Ryzen build is easier to upgrade, but I think I will probably upgrade GPU's before CPU

3 minutes ago, Spix737 said:

Hey People of the PC Community...

I've finally accumulated the right amount of money to buy a PC

Now comes the time to decide if I go team Intel or team AMD

Here are the 2 Potential Builds:

AMD - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPWdNN

Intel - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CR8kkT

I would like my build to be able to run Games at 1080p on very high settings at 60FPS+, and to have decent render times for projects that involve

Premiere Pro, After Effects and a bit of 3d Modelling and Animation

Please leave any suggestions to how to improve the builds while keeping them as below $800 as possible. Mention any issues I might run into, but ultimately tell me which build is more Worth it.

Also, I have taken into account that the Ryzen build is easier to upgrade, but I think I will probably upgrade GPU's before CPU

That's hard to say really a 1060 will not be bottlenecked on a 1600 but the 8400 is a better gaming CPU. 

The 1600 is probably a little bit better for your other projects. Overall though a 1050Ti will not play games at 1080P at 60fps at ultra probably not even at very high settings a 1060 is starting to struggle even at that

With further thinking i'd rather take the 1060+1600 over a 8400+1050Ti not to mention AM4 will last to 2020 where i'm guessing the Intel option won't last past 2018.

Looking at your components selected: 

The AMD build gives you a solid GPU that will help in your projects

Also, the support for AMD - at least they have guaranteed the AM4 platform to continue for a while

Where as with Intel - can't really say. You are already having to buy an expensive mobo with the current gen. If you do not have any urgency and can wait - then Intel will be the better option when the lower end cheaper mobos are released

I hope you already own as SSD because having an HDD as a boot drive is very questionable.

Furthermore, you're spending more on RGB RAM than you are the graphics card, when the card itself definitely won't meet your requirements of 1080p Very High, unless you're not a triple-A gamer (regarding Intel build).

I'd go with AMD because the graphics card is much better.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

uae the stock cooler and get a cheaper case, see if you can use the money on a better GPU instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($209.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($181.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card  ($223.89 @ B&H) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - Gaming 800W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $750.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-02 04:29 EST-0500

if you can spend $50 more, use the money on a 120gb ssd.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I already own a 256SSD and My friend gave me a free 2TB Hard Drive as well as the power supply, just I cant remember the Names of the HDD and SSD. Ram Prices for 16GB tend to be around $170, RGB or not. Would the 5 8400 + 1050 ti be better than a 5 1600 + 1060 6?

Also, is 1x16GB better than 2x8GB? or no difference?

AlsoAlso, is 1050ti, which has 4GB better than 1060 which has 3?

It's better to go for 2x8GB for dual-channel which is marginally better performance. You can save like $15-20 if you go with 2400 RAM instead of 3000, since you won't see a difference at all.

You'll want more VRAM so definitely go with 1600 + 1060 6GB.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

36 minutes ago, Spix737 said:

I already own a 256SSD and My friend gave me a free 2TB Hard Drive as well as the power supply, just I cant remember the Names of the HDD and SSD. Ram Prices for 16GB tend to be around $170, RGB or not. Would the 5 8400 + 1050 ti be better than a 5 1600 + 1060 6?

Also, is 1x16GB better than 2x8GB? or no difference?

AlsoAlso, is 1050ti, which has 4GB better than 1060 which has 3?

the 8400+1050ti rig will perform worse in gaming but better in adobe. dual channel will provide abit of performance improvement, since there's 4 slots on the motherboard you picked you might as well go dual channel. the 1060 3gb's GPU is much better than the 1050ti, it'll perform better even with the lower vram.