Synology RT2600AC

Donut417

Wanted to know any ones thoughts on this router? Im building me a new rig and have some money left over from my budget and Im thinking of getting a newer router. My machine will be connected via LAN, but we have 2 fire sticks, 3 Phones, 1 Tablet, 1 Roku Stick, and 2 Laptops that use WiFi. Not all at the same time, but we are cord cutters, so we do a lot of streaming. I noticed that my moms fire stick doesnt get the best signal and I think the router could be to blame. Im currently rocking a Dlink Dir-835 with DDWRT firmware. Its been nice, but Im thinking upgrading to AC could be a good upgrade. Plus, I like some of the features offered with Synology. Such as the parental controls that can help block maleware and ads. The biggie being ads, I fucking hate ads. Or the fact I can track bandwidth by device and service. We are on a 1TB cap with Comcast. 

I have read reviews and many were positive. I have seen people say it can be difficult to setup, but nothing can be as difficult as DDWRT or PFsense (from what I read). So I figured Id ask around here with the people I trust. Is this a good router for the price?

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I take it this must not be a popular router in use around here. 

23 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I take it this must not be a popular router in use around here. 

yeah, i only of this router from online reviews. Sadly for me in my circle of friends I'm the IT guy. They just use the all in one asus or netgear routers. I run split hardware myself, with a ubiquiti router and ac-pro aps. My friends find me to be the overkill home networking one. Haha

The synology looks pretty awesome though.

18 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

yeah, i only of this router from online reviews. Sadly for me in my circle of friends I'm the IT guy. They just use the all in one asus or netgear routers. I run split hardware myself, with a ubiquiti router and ac-pro aps. My friends find me to be the overkill home networking one. Haha

The synology looks pretty awesome though.

Id love to have Ubiquti gear, but I cant take one device and turn it in to two. I dont have the house wired for Ethernet so every thing has to be in my room, which is my computer, two monitors, Router, Modem, TV, TV antenna, Fire stick and an AC unit in the summer. Got too much shit plugged in. Though in the future I hope to get some gear like Ubiquti. Maybe when I get my own place.