Hey guys! I'm really wanting to put a GPU in my old crappy system.

Specs are in my spoiler and my profile.

Can it have an old gpu? 

Well,anything under 150$work! (assuming 150 is more than enough,100 is good).

I play games such as minecraft, san andreas,sonic,etc. 

here's a link for my mobo! (see as you have all the important information here)

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G31TM-P21.html#/?div=Basic

Thanks.

I really want to buy one and this is my final decision!

Edited by ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Any more?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

You can pick up GTX 460's on Ebay really cheap.  I paired one with an old Core 2 Duo and they ran everything at 1080 on medium to high including Merto 2033 and Crysis 2.

Nothing to see here - move along.

GTX 580

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

GTX 580

Prob would be bottlenecked...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

GTX 580

Too strong. I read a test on a Core 2 Duo and the 460 performed the same as the 580. 

I just sold my 460 for €40

Nothing to see here - move along.

what about the 650Ti as recommended above?

COMING SOON

460?

COMING SOON

anything slower then a 570 should be fine

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Old AMD GPUs tend to get bought for mining lateley, so something old from nvidia should be great. It also depends on what your PSU can power (raw power wise, aswell as connector wise). I'd say GTX 560/570 something along those lines.

what about the 650Ti as recommended above?

Also a valid option. Price to performance isn't right on his card though. But then again i haven't checked for quite a while. :D

who cares...

What psu do you have?

What kind of dollars are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What psu do you have?

What kind of dollars are you using?

right now i have a 220w psu i'm upgrading it today.i will bring a silverstone psu. May be 300-400w range. i'm using INR.Budget-something above 100 and something below 150 would work (INR-6000 RUPEES-15000 RUPEES)

You can use this site (www.flipkart.com)

Although i may buy it from Computer's World.

COMING SOON

right now i have a 220w psu i'm upgrading it today.i will bring a silverstone psu. May be 300-400w range. i'm using INR.Budget-something above 100 and something below 150 would work (INR-6000 RUPEES-15000 RUPEES)

You can use this site (www.flipkart.com)

Although i may buy it from Computer's World.

Is the 6000-15000 budget for both the psu and gpu?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

nope.well,if both can come in the budget,why not?

i mean,if both the 350w psu and the graphics card come in the budget,then it's okay. If not,then i'l save some for the psu.

COMING SOON

Well,did you get any? 

COMING SOON

COMING SOON

does all the three of the gpu's work on my mobo?

They work just fine.

Thanks everyone! :)

Probably gonna buy a cheap monitor, some games,some cables and the psu and the ram and the gpu :D.everything right now .

COMING SOON