Fractal define C 240 top rad, will it fit?

da_knug

So This is my first build and I think I might have fucked up, I have just ordered the parts and at first, I thought it would all work but now I realized I have got a very big GPU, the Asus Strix 1070 in the relatively small mid-tower Fractal Design Define C TG, with a 240mm radiator. This means I won't be able to fit the rad in the front as I originally planned and  I need to put it on the top as exhaust. but for that, I've read that I can't have anything sticking out of the mobo that is more than 40mm.

So to my question, I have an MSI Krait Z370 mobo does anyone know how high the VRAM heatsinks are? I couldn't find anything on MSI's website. Ram won't be a problem as I have low profile corsair vengeance LPX. If I cant fit the rad on the top I need to exchange the GPU.

Thanks.

Core I5 8600k @5GHz | Asus Strix OC GeForce GTX 1070 | 2x8 GB DDR4 2666MHz | Fractal Design Define C TG | Fractal Design Celcius S24 | Crucial MX300 525GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM HDD | MSI Krait Gaming z370

Yes, it will. I have the same case and my H100i V2 fits great. I bet the VRM heatsinks are fine, just be sure to put the rad on the rails closer to the side panel.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Yes, it will. I have the same case and my H100i V2 fits great. I bet the VRM heatsinks are fine, just be sure to put the rad on the rails closer to the side panel.

Thanks! that's good to hear. I got a mini heart attack when I realized it might not fit. 

Core I5 8600k @5GHz | Asus Strix OC GeForce GTX 1070 | 2x8 GB DDR4 2666MHz | Fractal Design Define C TG | Fractal Design Celcius S24 | Crucial MX300 525GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM HDD | MSI Krait Gaming z370