ITX 8700k

Hi guys. I just created new itx build

asus z370-i

32gm ram

1070 gpu

elite 130 case

liquid cooler H60

Temperatures during cinebench rise up to 95c. It is impossible to use any rendering software. It is overheating constantly. I turned off multicore enhancement but same thing. I also lowered voltage to minimum possible of 1.200v. But temps stay same. The only way I can use it was under downclock at 3.9ghz at 1.050v. Temps at that clocks stayed below 85c. But cine score is only 1300 in that case. Any suggestions what should I do?

In my understanding delliding is the only way to get decent temps on intel processors

The 8700k's can get quite toasty even with in a full size case with ample air flow.

You'd definitely have to delid. Or somehow get a 240/280mm rad on it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

24 minutes ago, Jackynikola said:

95c

liquid cooler H60

I would have highly suggested a Core 500 case with a 240mm AIO, if you made a thread sorry I didn't see it.

Or I would have highly suggested an R7 1700 if video editing is your focus, it would also run cooler in general for an ITX system

and you should probably delid your CPU

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thanks for the help. Deliding is dangerous. If I damage cpu my wife will kill me :D

10 minutes ago, Jackynikola said:

Thanks for the help. Deliding is dangerous. If I damage cpu my wife will kill me :D

You should possibly just modify the case so that it accepts a 240mm AIO, or do what I did and reverse the PSU's mount so you can fit a large tower air cooler

You can pay Silicon Lottery to delid the CPU for you, may drop temps by up to 20C
5a4950e65684f_CoolermasterGuts.thumb.jpg.6570b06959a228a9c3c795f37bc0822f.jpg

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

That's an interesting concept. I was thinking to make Frankenstein too. Cut top part, or side so I can put 280 AIO.

8700k comes with  Cooler Master Hyper 212.  h60 outperforms it for 2-5c on tests I saw. So how come that stock cooler cant cool cpu on stock speed?

56 minutes ago, Jackynikola said:

8700k comes with  Cooler Master Hyper 212.  h60 outperforms it for 2-5c on tests I saw. So how come that stock cooler cant cool cpu on stock speed?

My 5GHz 8700k @ 1.285v nearly thermal throttles when stress testing w/ cinebench or real bench. It reaches 97c when I do that. Though, none of this is really representative for gaming. My temperatures remain around 50c-75c when gaming and 30c-40c when idle.

Thatsnot supposes to be happening. People with itx build same as mine and h80i cooler on 5.1Ghz on full load getting 70c.