Asus PG27VQ - G-Sync eat up 50% performance in FPS

Gaspari

Hi all, 

So i just bought my first G-Sync monitor a Asus PG27VQ. My problem is that when i have it in 165hz mode and G-Sync enabled my FPS in CS:GO goes from like 832 FPS (tested the same spot) to 480 FPS.

Do you guys know why this is occuring? I was told and had read on forums that the G-Sync have less than 1 percent of performance degredation.  

I'm running a i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz and a MSI GTX 1080 Gaming @ 2114 mhz. 

I lose up to 50% FPS with G-SYNC enabled and i cant figure why. 

your monitor is 165hz , why is 480fps a problem?

you don't have a problem unless you're down to 164fps

Refresh rate eats up a lot of GPU.  Just makes sense.  What were you running for a monitor prior.  Same res?

34 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

Refresh rate eats up a lot of GPU.  Just makes sense.  What were you running for a monitor prior.  Same res?

42 minutes ago, emosun said:

your monitor is 165hz , why is 480fps a problem?

you don't have a problem unless you're down to 164fps

To the question that i'm having 480 fps; 

It's not a problem but there will be newer games which will eat more performance and i do not like the fact that i'm losing half my GPU's performance for running G-Sync? 

Other question:  

Same res (running games at 1080p) - Prior monitor was an AOC 24" 144hz. 

But refresh rates does not eat up frames, because if i turn G-SYNC off and run for exampled fixed refresh rate (165hz) or ULMB my FPS is just like with my old monitor. Running at the 800 ish fps at that scene in CS:GO or that 500 FPS in quake champions

My problem is that if you google G-SYNC everywhere they say that G-SYNC is degrading performance by less than 1 percent. So i'm wondering if i might have something wrongfully set up? 

2 minutes ago, Gaspari said:

but there will be newer games which will eat more performance and i do not like the fact that i'm losing half my GPU's performance for running G-Sync?

you're only loosing performance IN THIS GAME.

until you test other games , especially non online games , you have no idea what the effect will be. 

On 31/12/2017 at 8:56 PM, emosun said:

you're only loosing performance IN THIS GAME.

until you test other games , especially non online games , you have no idea what the effect will be. 

Nope, CS:GO, Quake Champions, Dota 2. 3/3 games ive tested came out with the same result. 

I'm just curious how so many people on so many forums claim that there is no or slight performance drop by using it.  

Are you aware of how G-SYNC works or are you just here to belittle my problem? If it's the latter, im asking you friendly, please leave this thread. 

20 minutes ago, Gaspari said:

I'm just curious how so many people on so many forums claim that there is no or slight performance drop by using it.

Because they tested it in a normal situation and found that there was little to no performance hit.

When FPS is extremely high it tends to be volatile, any slight little thing will cause large changes. It is more stable when it is closer to normal range of like 240 or below.

16 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Because they tested it in a normal situation and found that there was little to no performance hit.

When FPS is extremely high it tends to be volatile, any slight little thing will cause large changes. It is more stable when it is closer to normal range of like 240 or below.

Thank you so much for a great answer. That explains alot!