How do you get more fan headers?

Epiceleon

I just installed a new mobo and I now see that I can only plug in 2 fans instead of the 3 that I have in my case. Is there any way to be able to put more fan headers in my case, or can I plug a fan into a non fan header?

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

4 minutes ago, Ronin64 said:

You can get splitters like this one....

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162059&cm_re=4_pin_fan_splitter-_-12-162-059-_-Product

*Edit*

That is a PWM model so you may not need that one, but it does support non-pwm fans.

What is PWM?

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

Just now, Epiceleon said:

What is PWM?

Pulse Width Modulation. Basically allows the system to automatically control the fans. 4 pin fans are PWM fans, so you'd need those, 3 pin fans would still work, but do not support PWM. 

8 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Pulse Width Modulation. Basically allows the system to automatically control the fans. 4 pin fans are PWM fans, so you'd need those, 3 pin fans would still work, but do not support PWM. 

3 pin fans can still be controlled via voltage tho. there should be a setting in the bios where you can switch between PWM or voltage control. 

keep in mind that only ONE fan on a splitter can have RPM read out. 

You can also get an discreet fan controller. Typically they connect to a PWM header on your motherboard and then powered externally by a molex power cable.

Just don't plug any cable to header which it clearly doesn't fit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv