EVGA 980 SC cooler swap?

Kenji the Uke

HALLO! :3 I was considering this since I'm a bit bored of the cooler.. Is it possible to swap out the coolers with like a gigabyte windforce or another evga cooler? I'd love to be able to do this.. Not sure if possible

Moist

It depends. If your board is the reference board then you should be able to swap the cooler to any other cooler than uses the reference PCB. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

Just now, PokeCatz said:

It depends. If your board is the reference board then you should be able to swap the cooler to any other cooler than uses the reference PCB. 

I BELIEVE that it should be the reference board, since its just the superclocked

Moist

On 12/31/2017 at 2:05 AM, Kenji the Uke said:

I BELIEVE that it should be the reference board, since its just the superclocked

Yes. The sc is reference. If you can find another reference 980 PCB from another manufacturer, the cooler from it will work. Make sure you have the backplate and screws for it if you are just buying the cooler off eBay or something. Otherwise you may have difficulty mounting it. Also I agree. The cooler on the superclocked looks superboring. The pascal version looks sick tho.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

10 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Yes. The sc is reference. If you can find another reference 980 PCB from another manufacturer, the cooler from it will work. Make sure you have the backplate and screws for it if you are just buying the cooler off eBay or something. Otherwise you may have difficulty mounting it. Also I agree. The cooler on the superclocked looks superboring. The pascal version looks sick tho.

I think the reason why it looks weird is because the edges between the boarder of the card and the fan is too big, and the fans are just in general bigger and better spaced on Pascal than this one. The fans just look smol. Any recommendations on which shrouds were the quietest?

Moist