Pc black screens then crashes when i game

MisticFury

When i play my games my pc sound suddenly goes haywire then it black screens and just freezes that i have to force restart it. i have no idea whats going on it does it only on heavy game mostly with "rise of the tomb raider" but with "gta" its fine. but it not just that game, it does it on this simulator game "beamng" and strangely on "golf with your friend" when the settings are on high. i check the event viewer to see the logs and what i see is event 14.

(The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.)

i've made sure everything is up to date and reinstalled that driver but to no avail. also heat is not an issue pc never gets hotter than 40C

my build is:

Intel core i7-4790k 4.0GHz Quad-core

Msi Z97Z Gaming 6

2 8Gb patriot viper ddr3-1600

2 Asus geforce GTX 780Ti 3gb (2-Way SLI) 

3 Samsung monitors

corsair HX850i 

1 250 SSD i use as my boot drive and program file

1 4TB Hard drive i use to store everything else like downloaded games and doc. ect.

Windows 10 Pro

IMAG0184.png

have u used ddu to uninstall the drivers?

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

Take out one of the cards to remove SLI and see if that fixes it. Otherwise as it says something is possibly corrupted, if you can't pin-point what it is, I'd recommend clean installing windows.

21 hours ago, Matty2048 said:

have u used ddu to uninstall the drivers?

no i just used nvidia geforce to do a clean install of the drivers

21 hours ago, NinJake said:

Take out one of the cards to remove SLI and see if that fixes it. Otherwise as it says something is possibly corrupted, if you can't pin-point what it is, I'd recommend clean installing windows.

20 hours ago, NinJake said:

This may also be of use for you. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error/

It seems that error is indeed somehow related to your nvidia drivers.

still getting it though it seem to stop when i put the graphic at the absolute minimum 

16 minutes ago, NinJake said:

The game on high settings is probably too much for your graphics cards

but i play gta and the witcher on max and it plays it without any issues

Are you running any sort of monitoring tools while you play? (EVGA precision X / MSI afterburner?)