PC turns on But no display

Torben Lund

So I got myself a new deepcool 240ex rgb aio for christmas and installed it. When finished, I turned the PC on, and everything seems to be working.(all lights and fans on). But there is no display.

I know the monitor is working (even checked a different one to be sure). I’ve tried resetting the cmos, swapping psu, tried different ram configs, with and without storage, and I know all cables are connected and seated properly.

the Only thing I have left to do is try the old cooler. But I can’t do that for a couple of days because I don’t have thermal paste at the moement, though i have ordered. 

If there is anything that might fix the problem in the meantime, please let me know

asus prime x370-pro

ryzen 5 1600

sapphire RX 580 8gb

16gb corsair LED 3200mhz ram

rm750x psu

deepcool 240ex rgb aio

2tb hdd

240gb ssd

You could try loosening the screws on the cooler just a little bit. Tightening too much can cause stress and boot failure.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You could try loosening the screws on the cooler just a little bit. Tightening too much can cause stress and boot failure.

Didn’t work :(

I know it sounds far fetched but they tend to work a little bit better when they are receiving electricity from a wall outlet 

Does the system turns on and Stays on or it shuts down on its own after a period of time?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, TheWhitestGuy07 said:

I know it sounds far fetched but they tend to work a little bit better when they are receiving electricity from a wall outlet 

Im looking for serious answers, so if you’re not here to help, i recommend you go somewhere else. Thank you

Do a cold boot, if you haven't already. Switch off the PSU at the back, unplug it, press the front power button to discharge any remaining current, wait a few seconds, plug back in the PSU, turn it on, press the front power button.

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Does the system turns on and Stays on or it shuts down on its own after a period of time?

It stays on until I force it off. 

1 minute ago, johnukguy said:

Do a cold boot, if you haven't already. Switch off the PSU at the back, unplug it, press the front power button to discharge any remaining current, wait a few seconds, plug back in the PSU, turn it on, press the front power button.

I have my PC outside the case on a testbench, can I do a cold boot still? never done one before

Just now, Torben Lund said:

It stays on until I force it off. 

You can rule out issues with memory and motherboard then, the faulty hardware appears to be the video card, make sure the pci-e power is all the way in same for the header.

try a different cable too, if you have a secondary system or some friend with a PC that can help you out I'd try checking if the video card is working on it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Torben Lund said:

I have my PC outside the case on a testbench, can I do a cold boot still? never done one before

Yes and do try a different cable as well, if you can, as Princess Cadence suggested.

2 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Yes and do try a different cable as well, if you can, as Princess Cadence suggested.

I’ll try a few different cables

If none of our suggestions work, I would suggest, once you have more thermal paste, that you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the new cpu cooler, before trying the old one, as something may have happened there that's affecting the boot and reinstalling it should sort that out.

6 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

If none of our suggestions work, I would suggest, once you have more thermal paste, that you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the new cpu cooler, before trying the old one, as something may have happened there that's affecting the boot and reinstalling it should sort that out.

When i removed the old cooler, i didn’t use isopropyl alcohol to remove the old thermal paste, just a coffee filter. Could that have an impact?