Cooler for 8700k?

Hi eveyone! I'm about to order a 8700k and was thinking about what I should to do cool it. I've got two questions:

Currently I have a 212 Evo on my old i5-3450 and was wondering if the 212 Evo would work at stock speeds on the 8700k for a month until I can spend some money on a AIO cpu cooler?

Which AIO cooler would give me the best performance while still being really quiet? Preferably in the Corsair Hydro H100i V2 price range.

I will most likely not OC it any further than the motherboard can do with the presets etc. Case is the Phanteks Eclipse P400S and can fit 280mm/360mm in the front.

Thanks in advance!

the newer cpus are more efficient so i think the actual temperatures would be higher with the new chip as long as you dont oc

Your 212 will do but dont expect too much from it.

As for Air cooler Notcua ND-H15 perform similar to high end AIO.

As for aio H100 v2 is a good aio or get the H155i.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Your 212 will do but dont expect too much from it.

As for Air cooler Notcua ND-H15 perform similar to high end AIO.

As for aio H100 v2 is a good aio or get the H155i.

So my 212 should be fine as long as I don't OC?

I've looked at the ND-H15 but it's so big and I'm really interested in trying out water cooling :)

I can't remember the benchmarks I've looked at on the top of my head but is the higher price worth it performance/sound wise with the H115i over H100i?

4 minutes ago, Trollelicious said:

So my 212 should be fine as long as I don't OC?

I've looked at the ND-H15 but it's so big and I'm really interested in trying out water cooling :)

I can't remember the benchmarks I've looked at on the top of my head but is the higher price worth it performance/sound wise with the H115i over H100i?

Yeah u'll be fine but why u get the K version if u dont want to OC?

Get the non K version.

Well yes ND-H15 is a big big cooler.

Dark rock 3 is a good air cooler too but can't handle high OC.

I havent look at the benchmark either but people claimed that h115i is better for overclocking meaning it will keep your temp better than H100i v2 and quieter too.

As for whether they worth the extra cash or not it depends on how well u want to keep your cpu temp.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

if you want to have good watercooling try the EK Predator 240 AIO

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

4 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yeah u'll be fine but why u get the K version if u dont want to OC?

Get the non K version.

Well yes ND-H15 is a big big cooler.

Dark rock 3 is a good air cooler too but can't handle high OC.

I havent look at the benchmark either but people claimed that h115i is better for overclocking meaning it will keep your temp better than H100i v2 and quieter too.

As for whether they worth the extra cash or not it depends on how well u want to keep your cpu temp.

Oh, I abslutely would like to do some OC in the future which is why I went for the K version. Sorry if I was unclear! :) 

I guess I'll take a look at some benchmarks.

4 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

if you want to have good watercooling try the EK Predator 240 AIO

Isn't that ~$250? That would be way too much for me.

Just now, Trollelicious said:

Isn't that ~$250? That would be way too much for me.

it should be less, i mean would they still sell it that expensive? If you can find one under $200 it would be a beast in front of the H115

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

35 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

it should be less, i mean would they still sell it that expensive? If you can find one under $200 it would be a beast in front of the H115

I googled and unfortunately it's not even for sale on *EK's website or anywhere in Sweden (where I live).

Edited by Trollelicious

Just now, Trollelicious said:

I googled and unfortunately it's not even for sale on EVGA's website or anywhere in Sweden (where I live).

wow, i guess the NH-D14 is the option if you can't find the NH-D15

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

wow, i guess the NH-D14 is the option if you can't find the NH-D15

Oops, sorry I meant EK's website. Was talking about the EK Predator 240 AIO you mentioned.

5 minutes ago, Trollelicious said:

Oops, sorry I meant EK's website. Was talking about the EK Predator 240 AIO you mentioned.

oh yeah that is fine, because Noctua has a smaller edition to their flagship air cooler, the NH-D15S is smaller than the NH-D15

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

oh yeah that is fine, because Noctua has a smaller edition to their flagship air cooler, the NH-D15S is smaller than the NH-D15

I've decided that if I upgrade my CPU cooler it's going to be with an AIO water cooler but thanks for the advice :)

1 minute ago, Trollelicious said:

I've decided that if I upgrade my CPU cooler it's going to be with an AIO water cooler but thanks for the advice :)

yeah i guess you can look at X52 from NZXT

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :