3 best 24" monitors?

filipcro

All IPS of course, had TN and never again with that crap.

After doing some research I think these are the ones:

1.Asus PA248Q

2.Dell U2412M

3.LG IPS235V

It would be great if someone had experienced them all and tell us which one is the best regardless of the price. Especially the difference between the LG and Dell since Asus one is the most expensive.

The Dell and Asus both have the same panels(made by LG, LM240WU8-SLA2).

The LG monitor you posted is really a 23", so I would go more about which one looks better to you aesthetic wise? Which one offers more warranty? Which is cheaper?

Personally I would go with the Dell.

the acer H236HL Bid monitor that Linus recently unboxed is my personal favorite.

the acer H236HL Bid monitor that Linus recently unboxed is my personal favorite.

That's odd, I never got a subscription notice for that video.

Btw, since all have pretty much the same specs I'm leaning more towards LG IPS235V since it is the newest, Dell one was released 2 years ago and Asus is over 100% more expensive.

I recommend the Dell U2412M. I had it on my desk at work, and it's really good monitor for the price, at an unbeatable deal for what you get.

It's a well reviewed monitor, solid build quality. The picture quality is about the same as the ASUS one.

Also, ASUS monitor has worst contrast but a hint better actual real-life response time, and has HDMI. If you don't care about HDMI, and I doubt you'll notice the difference of the response time between the 2, even side by side, you'll get better contrast. Also the U2412, has more options to customize the colors, like color temperature, and better out of the box color profile.

The Acer H236HL, is a glossy monitor, and no adjustable stand. The Stand look really cheap too with no height... so I assume the monitor will wobble. Also, there isn't, at least at the moment, any in depth review monitor. Also the monitor is 16:9.. so 1920x1080, while the ASUS and Dell monitor are 16:10, so 1920x1200, which is a more ideal resolution for work.

Also, I am not a fan of vertically aligned cables... because it's all nice in the pictures, and as soon as you plug your power and DVI, it look super ugly by having this ugly wires stick out strangely. Also, making the panel "thin", is stupid. They market it as if it's an up side... "oooo wow thin!"... but the stand is the same size... so it gives you no advantage, it's just a cost cutting measure by the company. Also the power brick is outside, which could be annoying is you a lot of wires behind your desk, and even block you from having the desk up the wall, as you have this brick on the way.

So it doesn't matter that Dell monitor is years older than the LG one?

So it doesn't matter that Dell monitor is years older than the LG one?

LG changed the designed of the monitor... this was the original design:

LG_IPS231.jpg

It was also height adjustable... To cut the price further, you have what you have now :)