Which 1060 is better?

Yana

Hello, I'm shopping for a new GPU with a budget of around $300. I found these GPUs that I like but I do not know which one is better. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&cm_re=gtx_1060-_-14-125-879-_-Product      and https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127963

Or is there a better choice

4 minutes ago, Yana said:

Hello, I'm shopping for a new GPU with a budget of around $300. I found these GPUs that I like but I do not know which one is better. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&cm_re=gtx_1060-_-14-125-879-_-Product      and https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127963

Personally I would go with the MSI option.

1 minute ago, VillaiNPC said:

Personally I would go with the MSI option.

For that one, when output has a dvi and 4* HDMI ports, those i can hook up for my 2 monitors right? My gtx 750ti has 2 dvi ports so im kinda confused

1 minute ago, Yana said:

For that one, when output has a dvi and 4* HDMI ports, those i can hook up for my 2 monitors right? My gtx 750ti has 2 dvi ports so im kinda confused

I use DVI for my main gaming Monitor & HDMI for second Monitor.

14 minutes ago, VillaiNPC said:

I use DVI for my main gaming Monitor & HDMI for second Monitor.

If I go with the MSI one, would i fit in my case? People say its big but i feel 5a3d99a64bc5e_IMG_1216(1).thumb.JPG.41d621a61506725fd010a83008d023c7.JPGlike my case is "big"? 

You have a normal ATX case. There is no reason, why a 1060 MSI Gaming X wouldn't fit. it's not the smallest, but it doesn't have "huge" dimensions.

MSI is better. MUCH better. It is, hands down, the best GTX 1060 you can buy (maybe aside from the gigabyte Xtreme Gaming, which is not better, but similar quiet / cool)

I had it myself, and every single Test / Comparison proves that.

There is no other GTX 1060, that is THIS silent. Seriously. Even when i overclocked mine, i never heared it. And believe me, i am someone, that finds a spinning HDD too loud.

If you optimze Voltage / Core Clock, you have an efficiency monster.

A big german Magazine tested them:

Founder's Edition: 2.4 Sone at 73°C

MSI Gaming X: 0.7 Sone (Sone = Unit of perceived loudness.) at only 66°C.

Also, a huge Powertarget, very good components, good cooled VRMs / VRAMs.

Asus Strix: 2.4 Sone (similar noise as Founders... so not very quiet), but at only 62°C. MSI Gaming X is still the better one. slightly warmer, but MUCH quieter. Out of the box.

Gigabyte Gaming G1: 2.4 Sone Loudness (similar noise as Founders), with 68°C. MSI Gaming X is much quieter, and also slightly cooler, than the gigabyte Gaming G1. The lower tier Gigabyte cards (below Gaming G1) will be slightly worse.

Palit Jetstream / Gainward Phoenix (also, some pro-tips, because very good cooler, and should be good price): 1.4 sone at 71°C.

Soo... Gaming X is the best choice, by Far.

Unless there is a slightly worse one for noticeably lower price. Like, the gigabyte / Asus / Palit / Gainward~ for like 250-270 bucks.

Oh yea, if you decide to make an efficiency monster, you can undervolt Pascal to up to 0.800 Volt ^^"

When i did that to my 1060 MSI Gaming X, it managed 1876 Mhz~ with 0.800 Volt (between 1800-1880 should be possible on many chips), and +500 Mhz on Memory.

Power usage went from 130w to 85w~. Cooler was too strong for that, because temperature always jumped between 58-62~, which was the area where the fans start moving, and stop again (because it was too cool xD).

Got the Power consumption of my whole computer down to 150-160w during Gaming, including an i7 6700k @ 4.4 ghz.

7 hours ago, Yana said:

yes, i would get this card instead:

https://www.directron.com/dualrx580o8g.html?aff=2

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

13 hours ago, Darkseth said:

You have a normal ATX case. There is no reason, why a 1060 MSI Gaming X wouldn't fit. it's not the smallest, but it doesn't have "huge" dimensions.

MSI is better. MUCH better. It is, hands down, the best GTX 1060 you can buy (maybe aside from the gigabyte Xtreme Gaming, which is not better, but similar quiet / cool)

I had it myself, and every single Test / Comparison proves that.

There is no other GTX 1060, that is THIS silent. Seriously. Even when i overclocked mine, i never heared it. And believe me, i am someone, that finds a spinning HDD too loud.

If you optimze Voltage / Core Clock, you have an efficiency monster.

A big german Magazine tested them:

Founder's Edition: 2.4 Sone at 73°C

MSI Gaming X: 0.7 Sone (Sone = Unit of perceived loudness.) at only 66°C.

Also, a huge Powertarget, very good components, good cooled VRMs / VRAMs.

Asus Strix: 2.4 Sone (similar noise as Founders... so not very quiet), but at only 62°C. MSI Gaming X is still the better one. slightly warmer, but MUCH quieter. Out of the box.

Gigabyte Gaming G1: 2.4 Sone Loudness (similar noise as Founders), with 68°C. MSI Gaming X is much quieter, and also slightly cooler, than the gigabyte Gaming G1. The lower tier Gigabyte cards (below Gaming G1) will be slightly worse.

Palit Jetstream / Gainward Phoenix (also, some pro-tips, because very good cooler, and should be good price): 1.4 sone at 71°C.

Soo... Gaming X is the best choice, by Far.

Unless there is a slightly worse one for noticeably lower price. Like, the gigabyte / Asus / Palit / Gainward~ for like 250-270 bucks.

Oh yea, if you decide to make an efficiency monster, you can undervolt Pascal to up to 0.800 Volt ^^"

When i did that to my 1060 MSI Gaming X, it managed 1876 Mhz~ with 0.800 Volt (between 1800-1880 should be possible on many chips), and +500 Mhz on Memory.

Power usage went from 130w to 85w~. Cooler was too strong for that, because temperature always jumped between 58-62~, which was the area where the fans start moving, and stop again (because it was too cool xD).

Got the Power consumption of my whole computer down to 150-160w during Gaming, including an i7 6700k @ 4.4 ghz.

Hey dark, I know your in a different time zone than i am. But my motherboard is a B150M PRO-D how do i know if it'll fit on my mother board without hitting any of the blocks or stuff on the MB?

Easy, it WILL fit 99,999999%.

PCI-e and dimensions regarding that are normed.

You will not find any PCIe-Graphics card, that will NOT fit onto your Motherboard.

There are some smaller Motherboards, where some SATA Ports are positioned behind the PCIe slot, and big GPUs with wrong SATA Cables (straight ones, not the 90° connector ones) might hinder it.. but usually, that's no problem at all.

Regarding any of the cooling blocks on the Chipsets etc, there will 100% be no problem.

2 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Easy, it WILL fit 99,999999%.

PCI-e and dimensions regarding that are normed.

You will not find any PCIe-Graphics card, that will NOT fit onto your Motherboard.

There are some smaller Motherboards, where some SATA Ports are positioned behind the PCIe slot, and big GPUs with wrong SATA Cables (straight ones, not the 90° connector ones) might hinder it.. but usually, that's no problem at all.

Regarding any of the cooling blocks on the Chipsets etc, there will 100% be no problem.

Thank you very much man! 

22 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

That depends on the refresh rate and ports.

Also, this card is faster and cheaper than the MSI.  https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=EV-1060SCA&c=CJ

Toms hardware did thermal imaging of this card, and it was pretty terrible. No vrm heatsinks and not a lot of airflow. It is worth it to pay extra for the msi gaming.

2 hours ago, an actual squirrel said:

Toms hardware did thermal imaging of this card, and it was pretty terrible. No vrm heatsinks and not a lot of airflow. It is worth it to pay extra for the msi gaming.

Correct, the EVGA Gaming SC is bad.

Cooler is only average (Cooling performance per Noise level), nothing special/fancy. But decent.

And VRM / VRAM cooling is utterly Garbage. They are close to overheating all the time, like Tomshardware proved. This is the only reason, i can NOT recommend EVGA SC at all. Except, you let it run undervolted all the times, and never overclock too muich (at least, don't go over 1.000 Volt (Stock is 1.05 Volt).

EVGA Gaming (without SC), despite looking almost the same, has a FAR worse cooler, far worse than even the Founders. That one would overheat all the time, and throttle down to maintain the 83°C temperature limit :P And it's one of the loudest GTX 1060 you can find. Louder than Founders~

MSI Gaming X, if not much higher price, is a whole other level. So different, it would be unfair to compare them :P