new router

MrWalex

My router has been needing an upgrade for a while now, it crashes frequently and wifi drops off everyday. I have called my isp and they fix it for a few hours and then it drops off again.

any suggestions on what i should buy?

around about £80 - £100

[edit] it only needs to be slightly better than the one my isp gave me. reliability is the main thing.

Almost anything will work if you are looking for really basic functions like wireless connectivity and nothing more. What exactly do you want this router to be able to do?

Just now, Kered124 said:

Almost anything will work if you are looking for really basic functions like wireless connectivity and nothing more. What exactly do you want this router to be able to do?

2g and 5g wireless with decent range and good stability both on signal strength and speed

Just now, MrWalex said:

2g and 5g wireless with decent range and good stability both on signal strength and speed

also a decent amount of Ethernet ports

at the moment im looking at the ASUS RT-AC1200G or the + model on amazon they are similer prices so im just evaluating between them

2 hours ago, MrWalex said:

at the moment im looking at the ASUS RT-AC1200G or the + model on amazon they are similer prices so im just evaluating between them

Keep in mind your ISP's box is most likely a modem/router combo, so you might not be able to replace it like you want. You might look in to Wireless AP's if the WiFi is the only thing that messes up. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.