Recommended sites for old Bios's and drivers

When you install windows it should automatically detect and install the necessary drivers.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I am trying to avoid reinstalling Windows.  The ethernet jack randomly decided to not recognize their is a network cable plugged into it.  That's why I am trying to update it's driver.

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

When you install windows it should automatically detect and install the necessary drivers.

Last I checked Windows won't get BIOS updates, that's still a thing for the user to do.

13 minutes ago, WrathofKhan said:

I have a MS-7613 Ver 1.1 motherboard I am trying to find an ethernet driver for and possibly a newer bios.  Does anybody know a reputable site that has drivers for old hardware? I found this site, but I am skeptical:

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/driver-for-motherboard-download-lan-ethernet-drivers-ms-7613/

You can probably get the drivers for the Ethernet from the manufacturer of the chip, like Realtek or whomever made the controller. That also applies to chipset, audio, etc. You have a existing windows install so you can open Device Manager and take note of all that's installed. Sadly, I do not know any reputable BIOS sites other than the manufacturer themselves.

Not actually the database software, just some furry. Vintage tech enthusiast, has more old tech than they know what to do with.

Main system: i5-4690k, 16GB DDR3, 2x120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, CD-ROM Drive (in 2017 lol), R9 270X 2GB, Windows 7

Laptop: MacBookPro9,1, i7-3615QM, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, GT650M 512MB, macOS 10.13

44 minutes ago, WrathofKhan said:

I have a MS-7613 Ver 1.1 motherboard I am trying to find an ethernet driver for and possibly a newer bios.  Does anybody know a reputable site that has drivers for old hardware? I found this site, but I am skeptical:

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/driver-for-motherboard-download-lan-ethernet-drivers-ms-7613/

I did a quick search and that board looks like a HP/Compaq board. I couldn't see what HP desktop model the board came from, but if you can get that info, just download the driver directly from HP's site.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02014355

It didn't state the exact chipset used. Alternatively, go to device manager, right-click > Properties > details tab > Hardware ID (drop-down menu) and look for the VEN and DEV codes. Those are the codes tied to that hardware for Vendor and Device specifically.

An example: My card is a Realtek GBE Family controller
VEN_10EC&DEV_8168

10EC = Realtek

8168 = My specific model of Gigabit Network chip.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |