Edited Post Notification

Hiya!

Sometimes people made mistakes or want to add something to their previous post but most of the times to make the OP notice it we have to tell them that we have edited our post and told them to refresh the page by making a new reply or quote.

I think the forum should add Edited post notification and it doesnt have to be an individual notification for each post.

Lets just say it only give us 1 notification like " Some post has been edited on your thread refresh to update your thread"

Now i am aware that there's an option to whether u want everyone to know that the post has been edited or not which may contradict to this suggestion.

So i'd say if we want to let the OP notice it we should thick the " show that the message has been edited " but instead of just showing that the message has been edited text under the post why dont it give the OP notification that the post has been edited?

Or just add another option like "show OP that the message has been edited"

Now you probably going to say that what if we edited our post not for the OP? but for the other member that we have been quoted?

Well then i think the forum should add 3 choices.

For example if we Quote say Username Agent47 and if we want to let Agent47 notice there are 3 option to choose like "Show Agent47 that the post has been edited" and it will give Agent47 a notification, the other is the usual "show that the message has been edited" and the last is for the OP.

Sorry for my english

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this has been suggested before and denied as too much work or impossible without software dev teams help. I don't know any forum or other place where you would get notified if something is edited. Usually in forums people make new post in thread to notify about edit. If it's necessary.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this has been suggested before and denied as too much work or impossible without software dev teams help. I don't know any forum or other place where you would get notified if something is edited. Usually in forums people make new post in thread to notify about edit. If it's necessary.

Owh my bad i am new in this forum so i didnt know.

Yes they does but if would be better if they dont have to by thicking option like i mentioned above.

But if that is too much work then eehhh guess we dont have a choice.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Owh my bad i am new in this forum so i didnt know.

Yes they does but if would be better if they dont have to by thicking option like i mentioned above.

But if that is too much work then eehhh guess we dont have a choice.

Only edit that gives out notification is tagging. Maybe quoting, but not sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Only edit that gives out notification is tagging. Maybe quoting, but not sure.

Maybe Use TAG when editing will give em a notification.

I am gonna test it

Testing @LoGiCalDrm

How was it?

Is there's any notification? after editing?

Edited by Hiya!
TEST

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Don't use it after quoting, just doesn't make sense.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Don't use it after quoting, just doesn't make sense.

That is exactly my point.

If i edited my post after quoting and use TAG that way you'll receive a "mentioned" notification so i dont have to create new reply or quote to tell you that my post has been edited.

The question is did it work?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this has been suggested before and denied as too much work or impossible without software dev teams help. 

You talking about my thread posted over a year ago? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

That is exactly my point.

If i edited my post after quoting and use TAG that way you'll receive a "mentioned" notification so i dont have to create new reply or quote to tell you that my post has been edited.

The question is did it work?

I did get quote. And only quote. That was my point. If I would to just post and tag you later, like to my previous post (one without quote) and you wouldn't follow this thread, it would give taggging notification. I'm sure Mortis has mentioned in past when this has been up.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

You talking about my thread posted over a year ago? :D 

Probably. Could be some other as well. I think it has been mentioned/requested few times.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I did get quote. And only quote. That was my point. If I would to just post and tag you later, like to my previous post (one without quote) and you wouldn't follow this thread, it would give taggging notification. I'm sure Mortis has mentioned in past when this has been up.

Probably. Could be some other as well. I think it has been mentioned/requested few times.

Welp it didint work then.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I agree.

Edited by Guest
I agree