can not connect to youtube and some other google servers.

michielvdm
Go to solution Solved by michielvdm,

i was browsing online for solutions, and found somting about experimental quic protocol on chrome, enabeling this fixed my issue on chrome, but in my other browers the problem persists, do you guys know what this is and if i can replicate it in firefox? if not i will flag this as solution.

I am trying to watch a youtube video but evry time i try my connection gets refused, I have tried using multiple browser's, restarted my computer serveral times, temporally turned of my firewall and checked that i could acces other sites like the google.com. the weird thing is that I can watch youtube on my phone without a problem and I can use google aslong as i dont try to edit my account.

I am using windows 10 on an acer aspire VX15. I usualy use firefox but the problem is there on all my browsers.

thanks in advance

try googles dns in your IPv4 Settings

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

google_public_dns_dns_settings.png.52bad8295be7d46d86c6b015bdc0f258.png

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

1 minute ago, vatsan said:

Tried any vpn ? Can u ping YouTube in CMD?

i am getting responces in cmd, and with a vpn i can connect to youtube.

any idea what this means?

2 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

try googles dns in your IPv4 Settings

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

google_public_dns_dns_settings.png.52bad8295be7d46d86c6b015bdc0f258.png

how do i get in those settings?

Just now, michielvdm said:

how do i get in those settings?

right click on the network icon in your systry and select "open network and sharing centre"

image.png.3392c14ca2269ebef711aea11560398e.png

Click on the change adater settings

image.png.0210ebc87c1ce83eee971e571220c5c9.png

right click your adopter and select properties 

image.png.cac271c6320726566f320563ab778aa1.png

select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and hit propterties

image.png.37bccf079763684219333a2e92912ce4.png

put googles DNS in the preferred and alternative DNS settings

google_public_dns_dns_settings.png.61373e9ff8eec52b35ffd3d9489a7bfe.png

restart PC see what happens

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

if your in the US could this be because your government voted to get rid of net neutrality, is your ISP already throttling your bandwidth?

Just now, MrMarriarty said:

if your in the US could this be because your government voted to get rid of net neutrality, is your ISP already throttling your bandwidth?

Omg

1 minute ago, MrMarriarty said:

i am not in the us and since the problem isent there on my phone i dont think it is my isp's foulth, i am using wifi but i found the settings. do i restart now?

yes a restart is required to make sure its using googles DNS... that should fix your problem

1 minute ago, MrMarriarty said:

yes a restart is required to make sure its using googles DNS... that should fix your problem

i have restarted but dont notice any difference, is there eny way i can conform that the settings went true correctly?

Just now, michielvdm said:

i have restarted but dont notice any difference, is there eny way i can conform that the settings went true correctly?

where are you located?

2 minutes ago, michielvdm said:

belgium

http://allestoringen.be/problemen/google/kaart/

down detector is showing google problems in your country... are you in the effected areas?

i was browsing online for solutions, and found somting about experimental quic protocol on chrome, enabeling this fixed my issue on chrome, but in my other browers the problem persists, do you guys know what this is and if i can replicate it in firefox? if not i will flag this as solution.