Does my cpu lga 1150 fits in a lga 115x

Go to solution Solved by NeoAthlon,

z270 only supports 6th/7th gen intel core cpus.

if you want to use your 4770k, you need one of these:

B85, H87, Z87, H97, Z97 

Hello. 

I had to replace my motherboard and I wonder if my cpu "core i7 4770 lga 1150" fits in this mother board "msi z270 tomahawk"

Note: the motherboard says lga 1151

And the zoquet plate says Foxconn lga 115x...

Please help me with this problem. 

it's LGA 1150 and 115x, not 1050/105x. they won't work electrically, you'll need a CPU that supports that socket.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

it's LGA 1150 and 115x, not 1050/105x. they won't work electrically, you'll need a CPU that supports that socket.

Thanks I just corrected the post... And thanks for the info ?

Just now, chriss199310 said:

Thanks I just corrected the post... And thanks for the info ?

an i7 4770 still performs very well, if you're looking for an upgrade you can get a better GPU instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

z270 only supports 6th/7th gen intel core cpus.

if you want to use your 4770k, you need one of these:

B85, H87, Z87, H97, Z97 

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

an i7 4770 still performs very well, if you're looking for an upgrade you can get a better GPU instead.

I've got the gtx 1080 msi gamingx... For some reason it doesn't work in my ddr3 motherboard... But it works fine in a ddr4 that's the reason I had to change my motherboard 

No, that board is LGA 1151, not LGA 1150.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, chriss199310 said:

I've got the gtx 1080 msi gamingx... For some reason it doesn't work in my ddr3 motherboard... But it works fine in a ddr4 that's the reason I had to change my motherboard 

4770 won't support DDR4. Plus is really shouldn't make a difference, motherboards don't affect performance at all.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

If the video card worked in one motherboard and not the other, it's probably a power issue, unless your using the same psu, only other thing I can think of is a bad pcie slot/connection.

As stated above, ddr4 won't work on any motherboard that also supports your 4770 cpu.

I would maybe try the video card in a different slot on your old motherboard, even if it's only a 4/8x slot. 4x will give you reduced performance, but it's still compatible as long as it's a full length slot.

6 minutes ago, NeoAthlon said:

If the video card worked in one motherboard and not the other, it's probably a power issue, unless your using the same psu, only other thing I can think of is a bad pcie slot/connection.

As stated above, ddr4 won't work on any motherboard that also supports your 4770 cpu.

I would maybe try the video card in a different slot on your old motherboard, even if it's only a 4/8x slot. 4x will give you reduced performance, but it's still compatible as long as it's a full length slot.

I tried in all the slots and it didn't worked... The guys in the store put the gpu In a ddr4 motherboard and it worked... Even the ps is new it's a corsair 750m

You did connect power via the 6 and 8 pin connectors on the video card right?

Just now, NeoAthlon said:

You did connect power via the 6 and 8 pin connectors on the video card right?

I did it... And in that moment I didn't know what to think... Because there wasn't any problem with my other gpu's "gtx 760"... 

Now I'm using the my old gtx 760

Not sure what else could be the issue at this point, as it seems you've gone through all the steps I would have to find the source of the problem.

New video card is tested and works in another board.

You're connecting power to the gpu.

Your old video card is still working, which tells us that your pcie slot isn't likely the issue.

You've tested multiple slots on your board to further eliminate the slot as the problem.

Your psu is rated more than adequate to power your needs, this could still be the issue, but you'd need another good psu to test with in its place.

One other thing I can think of is maybe check the "pins" on the video card. If at any point it was pulled out of the slot without being pulled straight out(front or rear first) it could have "bent the pins" so that they aren't making proper contact with the slot.

3 minutes ago, NeoAthlon said:

Not sure what else could be the issue at this point, as it seems you've gone through all the steps I would have to find the source of the problem.

New video card is tested and works in another board.

You're connecting power to the gpu.

Your old video card is still working, which tells us that your pcie slot isn't likely the issue.

You've tested multiple slots on your board to further eliminate the slot as the problem.

Your psu is rated more than adequate to power your needs, this could still be the issue, but you'd need another good psu to test with in its place.

One other thing I can think of is maybe check the "pins" on the video card. If at any point it was pulled out of the slot without being pulled straight out(front or rear first) it could have "bent the pins" so that they aren't making proper contact with the slot.

I really appreciate your help I will Chek the psu as soon as possible thanks A lot really

43 minutes ago, chriss199310 said:

I really appreciate your help I will Chek the psu as soon as possible thanks A lot really

Just as something I noticed when I upgraded from my GT 720 to my RX 480, I had to clear my cmos to get my new gpu to be recognized. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop