Can this be fixed?

Looking to get a new monitor and found this post. https://imgur.com/a/dBbES. Acer XB270HU. This is the perfect monitor for me but says that it get this random thing happens but most of the time the monitor works fine. Have not heard back on how long this has been happening after purchase or if he was trying to overclock it. I did a little bit of research and saw some suggestions of it could possibly be the cables or some settings that could be disabled but unsure. Wanted to see if anyone else has had experience like this or if this is worth the risk.

says it doesnt happen very often and when it does, pressing on the back of the monitor fixes the issue.... not sure what that means though

1tPCpEO.png

I wouldn't risk it unless the price is "take it off my hands for free".

I've had this happen to a few panels that were dropped, and it's usually an internal solder joint that has cracked or a pad lifted.  Pushing on the back of the casing can make it happy again for a little while, until it comes loose / apart again.  

Is it repairable?  Maybe.  Is it worth it?  Probably not, unless it was nearly free.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

says that has never been dropped. I know he might be and is probably lying to try and sell it. think i just got excited because it is much cheaper than original price and was hopeful it would be something simple like a bad cable or video card issue on his end. there are also almost 0 g-sync 1440p monitors for sale in my area. oh well i guess. thanks