mx cherry brown

pls help me

2 minutes ago, Cuboid88 said:

hey im looking to get a new keyboard but idk what is better

razer orange

or

mx cherry brown

pls help me

I have MX Brown and It can be loud at sometimes. I havent tried razer orange. This is also a personal opinion on what switch. If you can try both and which one you like buy it.

Its more of a personal taste thing, I personally like genuine cherry swiches over the razer ones, but you might find the opposite true. If you lock yourself to razer switches,you have less choice of different keyboards.

You're gonna be choosing the keyboard, since the difference between the switches is minor imo.

Well, there isn't really a 'better' switch, it's all down to preference and use case. The Razer Orange switch is Razers take on an MX Brown. It should be quite a bit quieter though.

Gaming PC: i5 8600k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB T-Force Delta RGB @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime Z370-A | Sapphire Radeon VII (Dead :( ), RX480 8GB | EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 | 120GB Sandisk SSD Plus, 120GB Kingston A400 | 4TB Seagate 7200RPM , 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Phanteks P400 Windows 10, MacOS Catalina

Second PC: i5 3340s @ 2.8GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz | EVGA 750Ti SC | Cheap £7 250GB WD HDD Windows 7

LaptopLate 2009 MacBook (Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 9400m, running Mojave) , Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina (i5, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD)

Consoles: Xbox One, PS4 Slim, PS3 slim, Xbox 360 fat still going strong after almost 10 years, Original Xbox, PS2, PS1

Phone: Realme 6, Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, iPhone 6s (jailbroken)

Tablet: iPad Mini 2nd Gen Retina (Jailbroken)

Headphones:  Hifiman HE4xx, Phillips Fidelio X2, Status Audio CB-1,  Fiio E10k DAC, Schiit Magni 3+, Tin T2 IEM's, Astrotec S80

Keyboards:  2x Custom 60% - 1x Gateron Yellow, 1x Box Reds

3 minutes ago, Ryois said:

I have MX Brown and It can be loud at sometimes. I havent tried razer orange. This is also a personal opinion on what switch. If you can try both and which one you like buy it.

i did try both out and they felt more or less the same but the razer had a bit more resistance than the browns and they felt softer but i wanted to hear what others had to think

i think im probably going to go with mx cherry browns and the keyboard a strafe rgb but i could get the blackwidow v2 if i choose razer

1 minute ago, Cuboid88 said:

i think im probably going to go with mx cherry browns and the keyboard a strafe rgb but i could get the blackwidow v2 if i choose razer

Oooh the STRAFE RGB. I love it so much. Its my current keyboard before I might upgrade to a K series.

Razer boards are not that durable while corsairs are built like tanks. Go with a strafe or k70

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Ryois said:

Oooh the STRAFE RGB. I love it so much. Its my current keyboard before I might upgrade to a K series.

hows ur experience with it and are there any drawbacks you've found

Just now, Cuboid88 said:

No drawbacks, I love it CUE 2 is great. I own a MM800, STRAFE, and M65 PRO all are RGB cuz why not? I can carry it to parties in my bag. I have split some water but it still works. I would 10/10 suggest it.

5 minutes ago, Ryois said:

No drawbacks, I love it CUE 2 is great. I own a MM800, STRAFE, and M65 PRO all are RGB cuz why not? I can carry it to parties in my bag. I have split some water but it still works. I would 10/10 suggest it.

thanx i think ill order it tommorow

8 minutes ago, Cuboid88 said:

I have a k70 rgb, its got vibrant leds and a really nice finish.  Still going strong after almost 4 years. No real downsides other than the fact that I can't get a replacement wtist wrest from corsair (they dont like shipping to Canada)

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I have a k70 rgb, its got vibrant leds and a really nice finish.  Still going strong after almost 4 years. No real downsides other than the fact that I can't get a replacement wtist wrest from corsair (they dont like shipping to Canada)

Oh, I dont use the wrist rest... Amazon or Corsair Direct?

Just now, Ryois said:

Oh, I dont use the wrist rest... Amazon or Corsair Direct?

Both are 2.5x more expensive because of shipping.  I don't mind and it still gets a 4.5/5 but its something ti be aware of.

Further echo,

Switch styles are more personal taste.

Build wise. I've had a razor keyboard, years ago (2009), an old Lycosa. Thing arrived damaged. Z Key was broken on arrival, i ended up putting the scroll lock key, just so it was playable. Should have returned it for something else. Build quality was unimpressive at best.

Finally got a Corsair K70 two years ago. As it was said, built like a tank. Love it. So much I got another Corsair for my steam link for the other room.

1 minute ago, RedAV8R said:

Further echo,

Switch styles are more personal taste.

Build wise. I've had a razor keyboard, years ago (2009), an old Lycosa. Thing arrived damaged. Z Key was broken on arrival, i ended up putting the scroll lock key, just so it was playable. Should have returned it for something else. Build quality was unimpressive at best.

Finally got a Corsair K70 two years ago. As it was said, built like a tank. Love it. So much I got another Corsair for my steam link for the other room.

Plus to me Razer keycaps are too scrunched together and too narrow. I like the more almost square keycaps on the Corsair keyboards.

23 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I have a k70 rgb, its got vibrant leds and a really nice finish.  Still going strong after almost 4 years.

what do you think is better? between k70 and strafe

Switch preference is entirely subjective. That said, I and a lot of people think Razer have some of the worst switches around. I'm not a huge fan of Cherry switches either and would not used them with out lubing them first. Then they become quite nice. For bare stock switches that are commonly available Gaterons are better. I personally only use Zealios or MOD switches. Neither of those are on commercially available boards though. You'd have to replace switches or go completely custom.

20 minutes ago, Cuboid88 said:

what do you think is better? between k70 and strafe

The strafe is a budget version of the k70, it literally just comes down to hoe much you want to spend.

I personally think the aluminum body on the k70 is worth it though