Looking for a new Monitor; Gaming/Movies

Uthred

Hey fairly new to this site, made a throw away account.
I'm looking to buy a new monitor, I want to use it for gaming and watching movies (blue ray) 

I got no idea really about which aspects are good and what ones are bad.
I've got $500 AUD to spend.

Either ISP or VA, not sure whats better
1ms-4ms I know the lower will increase my response time

144Hz, my friend said to get around 90Hz

Anyways its hard to search through all these sites they either dont list certain features or are very vague on what the monitor does. 
I was looking to see if you guys now of any monitor with those features in my price range. I will to lower my expectations if I've set them to high for my budget.

What kind of games will you play? eSport titles or gta v and games such as this one? If you won't play e-Titles then 144hz is not really the one for you. Because 60hz~60fps would be all you need. But if you want to play esports.. then 144hz. I think you won't find 90hz monitors anywhere around the world.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

If you want a high refresh rate monitor for playing games and also a monitor with great color reproduction for movies then unfortunately $500 will not be enough.

IPS is what you want for movies and professional work as it has better color reproduction than TN, however TN has less motion blur and 1ms response time in comparison to 4ms with the IPS.  So with all being said, do you play games more or watch movies more?

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

I mainly play games, but I would like to watch high res movies as well. This new monitor will be added next to my current one that I have. As for the games I tend to play, they are rpg's, shooters, rts, and grand strategy titles.

9 minutes ago, Uthred said:

I mainly play games, but I would like to watch high res movies as well. This new monitor will be added next to my current one that I have. As for the games I tend to play, they are rpg's, shooters, rts, and grand strategy titles.

I think you would benefit from this monitor then,

https://www.13it.com.au/dell-S2417DG-24-gaming-monitor-s2417dg-23.8?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIluPNzpaO2AIVCCUrCh2WLgKsEAAYASAAEgIpm_D_BwE

I recently purchased the bigger 27 inch version and am waiting for it. 1ms gtg 2560x1440 144hz overclockable to 165hz and for a tn panel it can be calibrated very nicely but it wouldnt compare to an IPS. If I were you I would definitely consider this despite it being $700.

1 hour ago, Uthred said:

Looks like a decent monitor for the price, 1080p on 27 inch may look weird though.