144hz 1080p 24'' gaming monitors?

cadd

I'm getting a 144hz monitor for christmas, but there are some requirements. I wanna use my current monitor as a 2nd monitor but I only have one dvi-d on my GTX 1050, so if i wanna use 144hz it will have to be display port. I was looking at the asus vg248qe and it has everything im looking for. Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions, thanks! 

edit: actually im dumb I can just use a DP to DVI-D adapter no?

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

5 minutes ago, cadd said:

I'm getting a 144hz monitor for christmas, but there are some requirements. I wanna use my current monitor as a 2nd monitor but I only have one dvi-d on my GTX 1050, so if i wanna use 144hz it will have to be display port. I was looking at the asus vg248qe and it has everything im looking for. Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions, thanks!

I used a VG248QE for 2 years and was very happy with it. However I recently upgraded to an 8 Bit 1440p 144hz BenQ and I realize how bad the colors where on the old screen. Very washed out and not as bright as my new monitor. 

Overall I would recommend a second hand / refurbished monitor. Get something with good reviews and good price.  I picked up the BenQ used for 300 so I wouldn't pay more than 200 for a 1080p. The VG248QE is trending around 190 on ebay.

One last thing. You should be planning on a GPU upgrade, even playing E Sports games like CSGO you won't get the most out of the screen. I don't know how much cash you have but a 1070 is a good sweet spot if you are playing FPS and AAA games. (Been playing on 144Hz for 4 years)

5 minutes ago, Blatcher2 said:

I used a VG248QE for 2 years and was very happy with it. However I recently upgraded to an 8 Bit 1440p 144hz BenQ and I realize how bad the colors where on the old screen. Very washed out and not as bright as my new monitor. 

Overall I would recommend a second hand / refurbished monitor. Get something with good reviews and good price.  I picked up the BenQ used for 300 so I wouldn't pay more than 200 for a 1080p. The VG248QE is trending around 190 on ebay.

One last thing. You should be planning on a GPU upgrade, even playing E Sports games like CSGO you won't get the most out of the screen. I don't know how much cash you have but a 1070 is a good sweet spot if you are playing FPS and AAA games. (Been playing on 144Hz for 4 years)

Yea im definitely planning on getting a new GPU, but not for a while lol. I mostly play LoL so its not that big of a deal but I know what u mean.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

7 hours ago, cadd said:

Yea im definitely planning on getting a new GPU, but not for a while lol. I mostly play LoL so its not that big of a deal but I know what u mean.

I have the ASUS MG248Q its basically the replacement for the one you were looking into either will work great as a gaming monitor.  I just used a monitor calibrator on my ASUS monitor and the colors now look a lot better then when they were out of the box.