Planning a loop without a Res

KWelz

As the tile says I am considering doing a loop without a Res.  Has anyone else done something similar.  I figure to fill I will do a T fitting at the high point of the loop and fill using that. would leave it hooked up while air works out of the system then remove it after.   My concern is bleeding the loop overall since there is far less room for error.   

Thoughts?  Advice?  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Just takes for ever to bleed the air. Depending on how its build, filling it in stages would be best. As in if you have a way to fill the bottom on of loop though another fitting do that as much as you can.

Pump in the basement, t fitting before that. Hose steps down to 3/8 as 1/2 hose wouldn't fit between the back panel. It also runs to the top of the case, water goes up about a third of that way, that way when the pump goes full speed it still has somewhere to pull water from, basically like a tiny res.

So for my rig, I pop off both cpu hoses and fit the rig that way. Would be perfect if my rad had the fittings on the top, could basically fill the hope loop without using the pump.

IMG_1310.JPG

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I didn't have a reservoir in my last build.  I had a T fitting with a shutoff valve before the pump and what worked best was to use a temporary res made out of a 2 liter soda bottle with a 1/4" barb fitting in the cap.  Most of the air worked its way to the bottle but I did have to top it off after a couple days

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Just takes for ever to bleed the air. Depending on how its build, filling it in stages would be best. As in if you have a way to fill the bottom on of loop though another fitting do that as much as you can.

Pump in the basement, t fitting before that. Hose steps down to 3/8 as 1/2 hose wouldn't fit between the back panel. It also runs to the top of the case, water goes up about a third of that way, that way when the pump goes full speed it still has somewhere to pull water from, basically like a tiny res.

So for my rig, I pop off both cpu hoses and fit the rig that way. Would be perfect if my rad had the fittings on the top, could basically fill the hope loop without using the pump.

1 hour ago, johnny5c said:

I didn't have a reservoir in my last build.  I had a T fitting with a shutoff valve before the pump and what worked best was to use a temporary res made out of a 2 liter soda bottle with a 1/4" barb fitting in the cap.  Most of the air worked its way to the bottle but I did have to top it off after a couple days

Thanks guys.  That is exactly the info I have been looking for.  Honestly I have been trying to decide how to mount my Res and it just kind of hit me that maybe I don't even need too.  I know older builds often had very small ones but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any thing.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Yeah you don't have to have a res but most like it have one.With a t line you'd never know if you had a small leak tell it gets bad.With a res you can see you'd see it being low and wonder why and find a small leak.