cleaning radiator and blocks

im going to change the liquid in my loop and i need to clean/flush the parts from the old liquid whats the best way to clean everything?

Watches and computers                    

7 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

im going to change the liquid in my loop and i need to clean/flush the parts from the old liquid whats the best way to clean everything?

Depends on from what to what, and whether anything has gone wrong. But for a normal maintenance I would flush with warm tap water (to clean the large parts of junk), then with distilled water (to flush out any remaining ions) and then if you're paranoid, a little bit of the new coolant.

If you're changing between coolants, maybe something more extensive is required.

PrimoChill's sysprep and run it in the loop for a week, all should be gone according to the level of staining and note the pump will have to be cleaned too and not just the radiator and blocks.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Depends on from what to what, and whether anything has gone wrong. But for a normal maintenance I would flush with warm tap water (to clean the large parts of junk), then with distilled water (to flush out any remaining ions) and then if you're paranoid, a little bit of the new coolant.

If you're changing between coolants, maybe something more extensive is required.

im going to change the liquid from red to white colour. i've never had any leaks or problems with it. 

Watches and computers                    

1 minute ago, smiles rising said:

im going to change the liquid from red to white colour. i've never had any leaks or problems with it. 

Especially in your case if you're going to a lighter color you may want to extenively clean with somethign like the System reboot (although having said that, i dont know what its made of and have neither used it myself) since otherwise you may end up with pink coolant

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Especially in your case if you're going to a lighter color you may want to extenively clean with somethign like the System reboot (although having said that, i dont know what its made of and have neither used it myself) since otherwise you may end up with pink coolant

okay, i hope they sell it somewhere in sweden then. since primochill takes about 30 bucks for shipping..

Watches and computers