Gaming Headset

GamersQuarters1

Everyone,

I am in the market for a new gaming headset. I mainly do competitive shooters so I am looking for what  gives me the best quality as far as sound. The headset I have now gives me no sense of direction which is key in these types of games. Recommendations for this would be nice as I have read countless reviews all claiming different headsets to offer this. 

Get a pair of Sennheiser HD598 and get a Modmic. The soundstage on them is amazing. You'll hear all the footsteps in FPS games. They are open back headphones hence the reason why the soundstage is so good but they will leak sound if that's a concern for you. Also they don't really have a lot of bass if that's what you're into.

PC: i7 8700K / Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 / ASUS Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 / Corsair RM650X / Corsair H100i / Phanteks P400S / Samsung Evo 860 SSD / Peripherals / Etc: Steelseries Rival 310 / CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Browns) / MSi MAG24C / Sennheiser HD 6XX / Hyper X Cloud 2 / Jaybird X3 / Beats X /

Dell XPS 13: i7 7560U / Iris 640 / 8GB LPDDR3 / 256GB SSD

14 hours ago, GamersQuarters1 said:

Everyone,

I am in the market for a new gaming headset. I mainly do competitive shooters so I am looking for what  gives me the best quality as far as sound. The headset I have now gives me no sense of direction which is key in these types of games. Recommendations for this would be nice as I have read countless reviews all claiming different headsets to offer this. 

Just DO NOT buy a headset if you want the best positional audio experience.  THE ONLY headset I would recommend is the Senheisser Game One's but for the price you would be better off getting a set of the HD 558 or HD 598's w/ mod mic or cheap zalman clip mic.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513323481&sr=8-2&keywords=HD558

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-SR-Open-Back/dp/B06WRMZZ45/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513323496&sr=1-1&keywords=HD598

https://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513323536&sr=1-1&keywords=zalman

https://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone/dp/B00R98JVVU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513323550&sr=1-1&keywords=mod+mic

For under 200$ you will have the best audio experience you can for FPS games.  I have the HD558's which for some reason right now are more expensive then the 598's ( SO BUY THE 598's ) and the amount of times Iv been called a hacker etc on CSGO is hilarious you can pin point exactly where people are running around its hilarious.

Good luck with your choice!

Cheers

18 hours ago, Fear said:

Get a pair of Sennheiser HD598 and get a Modmic. The soundstage on them is amazing. You'll hear all the footsteps in FPS games. They are open back headphones hence the reason why the soundstage is so good but they will leak sound if that's a concern for you. Also they don't really have a lot of bass if that's what you're into.

I second this.

I have the 598SE (which i think is pretty much the same as the 598) and they sound really nice.  I just bought a usb mic that sits on my desk and with the 598s being open back I can still hear myself talk just fine when playing online.

Even listening to music I heard little nuances in songs that I haven't heard before and we're talking songs I've listened to a 1000 times or more.

While my Kingston Hyper-X cloud II headset sounded pretty good (actually still a really good headset if you're on a budget), i had to talk so loud to hear myself speak as it blocked out nearly all outside noise.