Random vsync problems

nilfgaard

Hey guys i need some help, i have a 144hz monitor but i use it at 120hz, the problem is when i play games in borderless window the vsync goes down randomly from 120hz to 60 hz and then it goes back to 120 hz, in fullscreen mode there is no problem but i like bordeless because i can use flux. The games i mostly play are rocket league, overwatch and pubg but this last one doesnt not get affected by the problem. Any help will be appreciated

My hardware:

Monitor: Philips 242G 144hz

Cpu: 4770k

Cooler: CM Evo 212

Gpu: MSI GTX 1070

Ram: 16GB DDR3 1866

SSD 256 GB

HDD 2TB

MB Maximus VI HERO

4 minutes ago, nilfgaard said:

the vsync goes down randomly from 120hz to 60 hz and then it goes back to 120 hz

You mean the refresh rate of the monitor?

Doesn't vsync "round down"? As in, if your FPS goes below 120 it'll sync to 60 instead?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 minutes ago, just tilt said:

You mean the refresh rate of the monitor?

i said vsync because the game itself limits the fps to 60 even when my hardware is capable of stable 120hz

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Why are you running it at 120Hz instead of 144? The 1070 is capable of 144Hz last I checked.

its just personal, i like to play some relatively old games like skyrim at 60hz, so i use 120hz to use half vsync on them

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

Doesn't vsync "round down"? As in, if your FPS goes below 120 it'll sync to 60 instead?

dont know for sure, this didnt happen to me until the windows fall update and i have this config for more than a year

Just now, nilfgaard said:

i said vsync because the game itself limits the fps to 60 even when my hardware is capable of stable 120hz

Have you played around in the NVidia control panel?

Just now, just tilt said:

Have you played around in the NVidia control panel?

i tried to force vsync on nvidia panel but didnt help, at the moment the only solution is fullscreen mode