AGON AG352UCG or Acer X34A

Antonio89

So I have this first world issue that I hope some of you could help me with.

I am buying a new monitor and I have narrowed my option down to two really good monitors, and now I just need to choose. After reading and watching all the reviews there is out there, it all comes down to whether I want an IPS panel or a VA panel, which all in all seems to be the only real difference, besides design, the 1" difference, and the curve.

An important factor regarding this decision is that in my country (Denmark), the price difference is quite big. Although I am willing to pay the price for a high-end monitor the AOC costs approximately 225 dollars less than the Acer X34A which I think is quite a substantial price difference for "just" the IPS upgrade. Anyone who might have one of these displays who could help me?

The monitor is only for gaming purpose, not any editing or professional use. Also, I am only a casual player so I'm not worried by response time per se. I am upgrading from a low-end 60 hz IPS 27" so either of the two would probably rock my world. 

I would get the AOC.

Significantly cheaper and a lot better contrast for media consumption and games.

Sure, response time may be a bit worse than on IPS but if you don't really care about that then it shouldn't be an issue.